Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite sequel

Didn’t Bioware have some kind of new IP they were talking about around 2012 that they later cancelled? Did they rez it?

Might be the same one, might be different. I imagine a studio the size of BioWare has a few irons in the fire at any one time.

I couldn’t resist watching this trailer any longer.

You guys are right, it’s full of cliches. However, I found them oddly comforting somehow.

The best part was the beginning. The setup is very seductive to me.

I think EA better be careful about there hopes, because the writer for The Expanse, the Syfy channel series, HATED the end of Mass Effect 3… and won’t buy ME4! I’m stil buying it, but only because I want to give BIoware a chance…

Are you following what’s going on with Mass Effect?

I played 1 through 3, and like everyone else, 3 disgusted me so much I swore I’d never play another Mass Effect game.

Was it the ending?

Yeah. You know, it promised so much. The first two and a half games promised so much and set up such a fantastic universe, and then the end of the third one, it just… It made everything that had come before irrelevant. It was just a fucking terrible ending.

It really felt like there was a fantastic ending that I had been promised, and then when I got to it… You know what? The ending of Mass Effect for me was like the ending of Lost, where [you] became aware that they really didn’t know where they were going the whole time and they’d kind of just been making things up.

I’m a big fan of endings. When we hit book nine of The Expanse, that will be the last book – and we’ve known the ending from the beginning. That’s because I like endings. I think great media, great art, whatever, is all about the edges of the canvas, and anything that you try to string on too long gets a little threadbare. I also think that because of that – because endings are so important – you better know what your ending is and you better be setting that ending up right from the beginning. Otherwise it just feels muddy and unsatisfying.

http://www.glixel.com/interviews/expanse-writer-franck-on-star-citizen-mass-effect-3-w464385

I’ll be busy with Ghost Recon and For Honor, I’m sure I can survive a week

I am mostly posting this link because I like the article’s title.

Combat video

Looks great actually. Nice to see them recording it on PC as well.

Yeah that showcases the graphics better than any of the videos they’ve released so far. At this point I’m not sure if their marketing department is actively trying to sabotage the game or not.

Sold. The gameplay looks awesome.

Looks pretty good, but also looks like they moved it even further in to shooter genre.

Still completely unsold on the story/characters i’ve seen so far though. I’ll get it because mass effect, but i don’t expect this one to be anywhere near as good as the the previous games. It looks like a budget mass effect.

The fps aspect of the ME games is the least interesting part, to me. I’ve always put the games on the easiest difficulty and just played it for the characters, story, and setting, to avoid putting too much thought into fast combat. I’ll be getting ME at some point but combat videos don’t show off much I care about. Although the character development aspects do interest me and it looks like it offers more choice than previous installments in the series.

I am generally excited for ME:A, but I think it is the multiplayer I am really looking forward to.

Speaking as someone who hasn’t played any Mass Effect games, what are you looking forward to in Andromeda MP?

It looks good, but I’m in it for the characters as well, and they haven’t really proved that their face technology isn’t deeply entrenched within the uncanny valley. They’ve been getting a lot of harassment on how weird the default female PC looks. They even actually went back and fixed up both PCs sheets on the website. I think they’ll generally look better in motion.

Male Ryder has looked more complete in both stills and videos.

That looks creepy as hell.

Is it just me, or does she look slightly boss-eyed?

Something about the eyes. They are creepy. Stop staring at me.

They seem to have unusually large heads for their body, and weirdly large eyes for their heads. It gives them a weird child-like appearance. I’m creeped out.

FemRyder still looks poor.