Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite sequel

The female Ryder model looks like crazy girlfriend meme girl, both before and after. Imagine her smiling.

Boy if those two smiling mugs don’t make you want to buy this game I don’t know what else would!

I think we should petition EA for a mandatory helmet option, even during sex.

If I recall correctly, the Ryder twins are suppose to be 22, which ultimately I think is too young for the story they might want to tell. FemRyder looks like a child and there is a juxtaposition between her face and the badass blowing aliens away in the videos. I think Shepherd was suppose to start the series in his/her low 30’s. They could have easily kept the young/adventurous spirit with a mid-20’s slightly more experienced Ryder twins. It going to be hard to believe that they are our new hero’s, but maybe that is built into the story.

Bear in mind the Ryder twins are accompanying their father on the expedition, and they probably have to keep him at a fairly believable age for pathfinder. I guess maybe.

Ugh…

Which may make the character creation system hilarious if they have controls that effectively age up the twins. Further, the dad’s appearance is suppose to reflect your changes in the character creation process soooooo

Perhaps there was an internal desire from the team not to make her look conventionally attractive.

They’ve succeeded. I had wondered the same thing, incidentally.

I think she looks fine, but also guys watch out for that line of argument, since her appearance is meant to appeal to female gamers and not you. Appearance-gate lies down that path.

I’m a woman gamer, and I am with the rest of you. She just looks weird, like when you take a conventional barbie, even the more realistic ones and some third party knocks-off that doll weird.

My custom Shepard in the last game looked awesome though, one of my favorites in gaming yet.

That smile on femshep reminds me of the extra scenes in Terminator 2 when Schwarzenegger tries to smile.

I like how face is more asymmetrical than dude Ryder.

However, in my opinion, her head appears too small, too round. Very - Garfunkel and Oats? I wouldn’t believe Kate MIccuci as a space marine either.

I preferred their original girl Ryder from the first trailer.

vs

I guess it isn’t a fair comparison.

I don’t know why I care now that I think of it, because I always change the default character’s face anyways. I was very pleased with the male DAI beard options, because they looked good and covered a lot of the questionable facial features.

I just want the facial animations to look more fluid than we have seen so far.

The pictures look like they are out of some low budget CGI kids movie.

Yeah, it doesn’t seem to me like they tried to make her plain or average looking. Her face just looks weird/off.

I’m basically on a self imposed media blackout on this. I don’t know anything about this, other than it is ME and Bioware, and already pre-ordered and will be there on day 1. No preconception, just whatever that carried me from ME3. Yes I like ME1-3 a lot, I was even ok with the original ME3 ending (i.e. not massively whinging on the internet over the fate of poor Mark Vanderloo, but then I always play as Femshep anyway…)

So I will either love or hate (or meh) about this, on its own merit on the day. BRING THIS ON!

Not Andromeda related, and NSFW, but this killed me.

I had absolutely no (positive) expectations for the ME3 multiplayer and assumed it was a waste of resources that could have been better spent on more content for the single player. What it turned out to be was an incredibly fast-paced and addictive coop squad-based horde-mode. The classes have a lot of variability on their ability combinations that gives most of them a distinctive feel, and piled on top of that is the huge amount of different weapons to choose from. I am generally not much of a T/FPS player, but the gameplay really worked for me.

One thing that struck me was how the different classes added to the identity of the universe by fleshing out the different races through gameplay, graphics and sound effects. You get a different feel for the Krogans when you’ve run around in Blood Rage smashing Cerberus troopers with a huge hammer, and so on. And similar experiences for Batarians, Vorcha, Geth, Turians, Volus (!) and so on. Basically the multiplayer added to the universe in a way I had no idea it would do, and that in turn showed that the investment also added to the single player experience.

The unlock system is a bit grindy as you get credits for playing and buy random packs. Hopefully ME:A changes this a bit, but I’m not holding my breath. As I understood it there are people that actually pay real money for in-game booster packs and the ME:3 multiplayer was a good earner.

That said, I am looking forward to the single player as well. I am in the same camp as @Soma in regards to ME3, but the surprise the ME3 MP gave me has me aching for an updater version.