Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite sequel

Yep. My son wasn’t too into Paw Patrol, but enough that it left the name rattling around in my head.

Well, scott_lufkin nearly got me to cancel my preorder. I clearly haven’t watched enough pre release footage. I don’t want to believe bioware has fallen that far…

What did the pups do with all the people?!?! Except for the mayor, the farmer guy, and the bumbling scientist.

You are the first person I’ve met (sort of) outside of the Netherlands that knows Ayreon! Awesome!!!

Sorry, back on topic now…

Amazon is running a promotion, if you are prime member, you can pre-order the game for $47.99 (PC, PS4 or XB1), physical copy only. I think GMG has about the same price for EA Origin key.

Sounds like Amazon’s standard 20% on any physical preorder for Prime.

Amazon Prime membership has had this boon for physical copy pre-orders since last year, it’s not specific to ME:A. :edit or what @Misguided said!

Oh, that’s good to know, I wasn’t aware, since I never ordered physical copy from Amazon before.

PC System Specs are out

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
DIRECTX: DirectX 11

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD FX-8350
MEMORY: 16 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB, AMD RX 480 4GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
DIRECTX: DirectX 11

Space Truckin! Er froggin.

Dell has a deal, the pre order comes with a 25 dollar gift card. I doubt my system can handle the game, but it is a temptation.

You need to visit the ‘Metal’ thread in the Book/Tv/Music forum. There are others :)

Woah, is this one of the first games to recommend 16gb, or am I just not on the bleeding edge of recent major releases?

Hell, over on the Qt3 Slack, Armando and I spent the better part of Thrusday geeking out to Ayron. Which, admittedly, is not something it takes much to encourage me to do ;)

Maybe, I’m consistently several years behind the curve, with a few exceptions.

And for the first time ever, my i5 2500K won’t even hit the minimum. Guess that’s the next upgrade.

(looks longingly at Ryzen…)

My I5 3570IK has now hit a minimum… I already planned on a new build in 6-12 months or so, but darn I’ve hit the limit it seems… long ride though.

I think there have been more games that list faster CPU than 2500K as minimum, and yet my 2500K has been able to power stable 60fps in all of them except Mafia 3.

The thing is, consoles still have AMD jaguars from like 2009 and as long as the games are made for these consoles, 2500K will keep trucking (especially overclocked).

That said, I am also looking at Ryzen because 5 years on single CPU is giving me an upgrade itch :)

So; Denuvo? Always Online? Activation?

What do we know?

16GB recommended sounds like a good step in the right direction, unless they just inflate it like they did with one of the COD:BLOPS

My old Core i7 3930K could probably be used for a few more years if my motherboard hadn’t blown up forcing me to buy all new cpu, memory and motherboard (~1300$ for a 5$ bios… :-( ).

Those specs are total BS, especially if previous Frostbite games are to go by. I can’t think of any game released in the last few years that would even remotely tax Sandy Bridge+ cpus to the point that they wouldn’t be enough for gaming. Not even number crunching titles like Civ or Total War series are like that.

Afaik Denuovo is used on all EA games so it is pretty much a certainty.

16GB… I have seen some games tax my 8GB RAM, but all I had to do was increase the size of the swap file and any issues were resolved again.

Watch Dogs 2 is fairly brutal on CPUs.