Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite sequel

Yeah, let me dig them up.

Edit: It doesn’t look like I saved them. But she’s from Preset #9. Fiddle with it for a while and she’ll look good.

Also, that the Apex HQ thing for managing strike teams and view MP progression is only available as an app and not a website is just plain silly.

Dad Ryder must be based on the two kids’ appearance. In my case, he looked a little like Benson, since both the kids are on the brown side.

So, what’s the DRM on this one? I noticed it isn’t on Steam, do I need to download Origins to play this? Do they even sell physical copies?

I think a game about wandering around and shooting things would a nice way to relax after work, now that I’ve exhausted Fallout 4.

Yeah that’s why I mentioned default Dad. I went with quick start Guyder (I kill me) so he’s who I got. I like the idea of Benson as a pathfinder though.

That explains why he is so weird-looking. I made my twin look totally unlike me :) But I think he would probably be ugly no matter what? I mean, he’s got these enormous bug-eyes that neither of us sibs has…

You need Origin even if you buy a physical copy on PC.

To add on to this: You can move with the controller, and when the shooting starts, use the mouse to aim/shoot.

In fact, I’ve found that trying to tap ‘X’ to reload always seems to switch weapons first (then after switching back, it’ll reload), so I end up just using K/M in battles (so I can use ‘R’ to reload), and the controller for everything else. GTA series worked like that too. It was pretty nice.

Ok, I was riding the stock Ryder, but got annoyed by his scrub beard.

Since I was still so early, I decided to restart and make a custom one. I really just wanted to make the suck Ryder clean shaven, but apparently you can’t do that… Which is dumb.

But I ended making a new one that looked better. He looks pepetually pissed off, which is more fitting with most stuff.

But the cool thing is that it changes how your dad looks, so he looks like a variation of your character.

Interesting touch I didn’t expect.

Man, Addison’s animation is SO BAD.

Holy Escalation, Batman.

I was on Eos doing some side quest, and the first two tasks were easy. The third task suddenly was Dragon Age: Inquisition fight-the-hardest-dragon hard, and I’m playing on Normal difficulty.

That’s always the most tedious aspect to me, or at least it became that given the trend of modern RPGs to overload you with magic items rather than have them be rare and special.

I also used to really like crafting…until it because part of every RPG, even those that don’t seem suited to it at all (it only really works well in virtual-world style simulators - otherwise it’s just busywork and additional timesinks).

Why am I not surprised you read that site. fills me with sadness :(

I love those planetary fly-bys. It is basically a love letter to space exploration. It taps into the imagination of the inner child, growing up looking up the stars wanting to know what is really up there, and then (give or take 600 years later) you are there. It may grow tired 10-20 hours in, but right now I love it.

What site? Heat Street?

Why I am not surprised you are discounting racism because it’s against white people? You think those tweets are fabricated? Good to know. Carry on.

Manveer Heir left Bioware once work on Andromeda was completed.

big edit - had to let off some steam.

Olaf - the only time I see you post is to spout bigoted, racist, crap while trying to play the ridiculous victim card as a white man in Texas. You appear to be filled with hate for those who aren’t white with no empathy for anyone who isn’t neither.

Please move on to Mass Effect again, sorry for diversion.

I may restart once I can play this evening. Some areas in the trial where suspiciously empty and I am unsure if that is related to the trial or if the areas around the trial door are empty in release as well.

How do you take a pre set face and edit it? I wanted to do that but couldn’t figure out how…