Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite sequel

I too was blocked by platinum, then I did the planet with the missing scientists (its one of the two choices you can make for the friendly alien guys), and there is tuns of platinum there.

Lvl 24 now and I’m starting to feel pretty confident on Insanity. I don’t even know why, the stats increase I got over the last few levels were so small they barely make any difference. Does the game different levels of baddies scattered around? Fwiw I finished Eos and only then moved on to Voeld. I think it could be like the Hinterlands situations in DAI where the northern areas were much high level but since there aren’t any level indicators here I can’t tell if that’s the case.

I got a cut scene last night with Jaal and Liam. You know the one if you got to it. I had a fun bug where there were 2 Jaals, one standing there with his arms splayed out in the Default Pose, clipping into the animated Jaal who was actually acting out the scene.

Did they even test the fucking cutscenes? Did this happen to anyone else?

I had that one last night. My second Jaal was standing stooped within the middle of the table. I took a screenshot, but I’m at work right now. I was a little distracted by Jaal’s weird chest nodules.

At least you could see him. My Jaal was completely clipped inside the extra Jaal so it looked like the statue Jaal had 2 moving arms and half a head sticking out of him. Oh then when he left the room he was just standing outside the door with his naked butt facing us in the Default Pose while Ryder finished her conversation with Liam.

“I am here to fuck your shit up”[/spoiler] followed by [spoiler]“Not likely.”

IT’S ON!

Starting to like my Ryder.

Yeah, those shoulder blade looking things on their chests are pretty weird. Wouldn’t even have noticed if Jaal hadn’t stripped down in that one scrne.

Oh, I’ve also had a bunch of bugs where we get out of the Nomad and the NPC’s are standing at 45 degree angles. I’ll see if I can post a screenshot… looks like they forgot to drink their V8.

I have this persistent bug where the NPCs run into the middle of 10 enemies and die over and over again. Not sure if that’s been reported yet.

I’ve had a bug twice where the awesome space graphics outside the ship/Nexus window doesn’t generate - so it is just a blank black screen. The first time it didn’t generate through my second playthrough of the intro, so it was really obvious. The second time I had no idea until I excited a menu and BLAM AWESOME SPACE GRAPHICS.

Numerous speedy NPCs zooming around the screen. Certain NPCs that walk around hate that my character comes near them. If I approach Drack in his granddaughter’s office he zooms to the other side. Same with the curator in the Culture Exchange. It’s like Ryder has a repulsion field around him.

You gave the symbols names? Or was this in the game somewhere and I missed it?

I got the achievement for having filled out my party, which made me a little sad. I would have preferred to not know that I won’t be getting any more people joining my team potentially, on future worlds I might explore or further alien species I might encounter in Andromeda. But I guess that achievement notification makes it final. No more people joining my squad in this game. :(

I believe there is a pop up at least twice that tells you what the symbols mean. Maybe you were looking at a weird face someone was making :).

On a mission where the Kett spawn endlessly, I’ve had them turn invisible and not because they have cloaking powers.

Problem is, Ryder is so milquetoast up to that point, the moment didn’t feel earned.

Unfortunately the squad interface makes it clear from the get-go with its shaded out characters in the 3x3. Don’t recall if ME1-3 had this.

Kind of. It had a character lineup (so did ME2) and you could kind of piece it together from the gaps.

There’s a squad interface? Where is this?

Loadout screen, I think.

Once you get Lance able to fire without a recycle time, so that it’s always available, you can make use of your squadmates more since you’ll be able to actually combo with them.

They do actually let you know what they are doing to do, yelling something out before using their powers, so you can kind of do it… but ultimately, it’s grossly inferior to previous mass effect games where you could actually control them.

Generally, I’ve found it’s most effective to just take Drack and let him go nuts. The poor squad AI does well with him since it’s simple to just run in and smash stuff.

The tech/biotic build I’m running at this point is quite effective, constantly draining shields, replentishing mine, and nuking stuff with combos.

Combine this with a custom Sandstorm AR, which I have slotted to make it into a mini-grenade launcher that automatically generates infinite ammo, and it destroys stuff pretty quick. Oh, and killing targets refills my shields, which further feeds my Lance biotic, which lets me kill more stuff, which turns into this crazy cycle of death.

I tried lance as a replacement for push, but I noticed that you had to aim carefully with it, unlike pull and push which will go around corners.

Is there a respec option in this game?