Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite sequel

Yeah - Profiles defeated me completely. I understand the concept I just couldn’t clunk through the screens to create and save them.

It’s not so bad now that I’ve started using them. I’m sure the consumables are the same way actually. Just need to get into the habit, since using that pause menu in an action game is not intuitive.

After reading the comments by @Murbella about the Kett Bases being cookie cutter, I am quite shocked this weekend to discover that the Kett Base on Eos plays nothing like the Kett Base on Voeld. On Voeld, the gameplay was all about going building to building and clearing out Kett in each place until they were all gone, all while making sure your life support systems stay up so you can’t go outside into the cold for too long.

The game design in the Eos base is completely different. Here there are a LOT more Kett, and they seem to spawn infinitely once the alarms are going off. So you have kill some and run past some to get to a series of consoles to disable the alarm systems. Yes, the architecture, textures is the same, and base layout is similar, but the gameplay is very different.

This time I did get to the boss at the end a couple of times, and almost had him. But got killed. Starting the base over is disappointing, but not that bad, since the battle plays out differently every time. Both bases have been enemy sandboxes that are fun to play in, and they each have had their own unique flavor.

Yeah the Kett bases are great. The Architect fights are all the same. They want to be like the big dragons in DA:I but just aren’t as cool.

I dunno, I find them more spectacular than the dragons in Inquisition, who are pretty dull and one note (with WAY too much health). I eventually abandoned the idea of getting the achievement for killing all the dragons because they were so tedious.

I mean, I don’t like the Architects, but I wouldn’t call them tedious.

The first architect fight on Voeld was one of the more pleasurable bosses I’ve ever done in a video game. Period.

But yeah, I was quite frustrated by the one on Eos. There aren’t as many interesting elements as the one on Voeld. You don’t have the heat factor, but they do add shielded enemies who can shoot you through cover to the mix. Unfortunately, that makes the fight really hard. I eventually just backed off and gave up on the Eos Architect. Maybe I’ll be strong enough to tackle him later.

That’s kind of funny, the Eos architect fight was my first one and I was pretty shocked to see that thing erupt from the ground when I put those wormcaller hammers down. I think Voeld was the second one and while the heat gimmick was interesting, the whole battle felt kind of been there, done that. And then I did it twice more and, yeah.

Same I did Eos first and I thought it was awesome. Then I did it on Voeld and it was ok. Now there’s one on Kadara and I guess I should kill it…

Unless you’re really in love with the architect fights, i recommend just looking at a list of what fusion mod each one drops and just doing the one that gives what you want. Some of them can be really strong.

I imagine difficulty, and also how soon you tackle them, does affect this.

For me I fought the first one using some ultra typical build of Remnant VI, overload, incinerate. It took me a long time to take out a vulnerable part on it and the fight basically repeats 3-4 times.

Not to mention on higher difficulties you can basically be instantly killed by a couple different moves it does (grenade explosions, which i admit got me a couple times, and laser fire in head mode, which is hard to dodge if you’re caught out of position).

So the first time i fought one, the fight was taking many minutes and due to a mix of bad luck/my own mistakes, i was getting instantly killed, having to redo the whole fight.

When i went back later, i could still die nearly instantly (i am pretty damn sure the bosses in this game scale with the player or do scaling damage of some sort), but i could basically kill vulnerable areas in one phase reliably, which made the fight a lot easier obviously. Still though, you’re repeating the same sequence 3-4 times and most of the time you’re just hiding behind a wall, dodging the telegraphed attack every so often.

I’m not saying they’re fun, but you are pretty much constantly in danger of death and have to move around a lot, plus your targets are regularly changing, which isn’t tedious per se. Dragon fights in Inquisition basically amount to spamming attacks while your warrior tanks, and every now and then moving in to avoid the wing flap or running in circles to avoid them doing a strafing run. In theory the elemental resistances should force a shift in tactics but really it just means some of the attacks you spam won’t do very much. The game doesn’t really support shifting elemental types very well.

NG+ mode messes up dialog and quests though since the game serves up late-game conversations and weird quest completion triggers even as you are starting out again. Got to level 70 on a single run.

Whoops. Missed the Kadara Architect.

I enjoyed going to the SuchandSuch Dunes on EOS yesterday. That’s the closest this game has come to giving me that whole “include some places with nothing in them please”. At least, it seemed like it. And I liked that. A big vast area to explore with nothing really of note.

I think I’ll continue the main story now. I can come back to the architect on EOS later when I’m stronger and better able to handle her.

Oh boy I hope you like desert planets

Next patch out tomorrow (5/10) at noon ET. No patch notes as of yet.

Things are/were very buggy on NG+. Side missions break because mission items stay in your inventory from previous playthrough. Upon finishing the prologue main story mission, Liam suddenly spews dialogue about a late-stage mission Movie Night for example.

I did get 100% completion oddly listed for my level 80 save with only 2 missions unfinished:
-Task: improved shield generators from Voeld
-Task: Watchers (last navpoint is bugged)

Incidentally, patch incoming in roughly 40 minutes (9am PST). Haven’t seen notes on what’s included yet.

Patch has been released, and I’ve installed it. But the patchnotes have yet to appear.

new casual outfits for deluxe edition owners and nomad paint jobs.