Mass Effect: Post your custom char's picture!

No dressing up Rock Band characters for you!

What? A game based completely on having fun? He’d never touch that in a million years.

He kills anyone who makes fun of his chin. With his SHOTGUN.

(It’s an artifact of crappy cellphone camera lighting. As best as I know, you can’t make a fat character, sadly.)

Okay, so you can’t see his awesome she-bones there, but he does kinda, sorta look like me. Only my beard is like 8x longer.

As you can kinda see, I’m basically playing this guy as a paladin. The renegade bit was from a sacrifice I had to make in self defense.

I enjoyed playing around with the character creation feature. I messed with it aimlessly for a while before realizing that I’d created a guy who looked a lot like an orangutan. So I started over and went into it with a purpose. To make a guy who looks like Hugh Laurie. No pics, I’m afraid, but sure enough, he looks spot on like Bertie Wooster. 'Cept for the fro. Sadly, he looks like he’s about 40, when Shepard is really supposed to be 29. Whoops.

It was pretty refreshing to be able to make a character that wasn’t hideous. In Oblivion my girlfriend worked for over an hour before she was able to make a character that didn’t look like she’d just had the wrappings removed after six months in the burn ward.

Don’t even get me started on Saint’s Row. Maybe it was possible to make a guy who looked good, but when I saw how big you could make the ears, I ended up making a character that looked like a Dick Tracy villain and named him Tardface McGonagle.

Jane, adept and part-time hand model.

Jack, soldier.

Jack, soldier. Don’t ask, don’t tell.

Jane is both an adept and a part-time hand model.

Jack is a soldier and descendant of Genghis Khan, but he is pissed off.

This is because the only action a gay marine can get in space is from an androgynous alien.

Fun? What is this of which you speaketh?

I could not make anyone that didn’t look stupid.

So I went with the default.

Which book is that from? “So-and-so is a descendant of Genghis Khan, he’s pissed off but does not know why.”

Hitch Hiker’s guide to Galaxy has something along those lines.

Can you start a new campaign and make an extra stupid guy and post their pic here so we can all share in the joy of your sheer stupid-person-creation skill?

Oh, right. The man who knocked down Dent’s house. Heh.

You’re using capture cards? Or is this some feature of the 360 I’m missing?

Digital pictures of the screen, I think. That’s what I did, anyway.

I made Bruce Willis. Then I realized that regardless of how much he looked like Bruce Willis, he would not sound remotely like him.

I don’t have a camera so here’s a picture of Bruce Willis.

Adrian Shepard, my first ME character. A hard-bitten military man who does whatever must be done to get the job done, but tries to save every life he can in the process. (IE, my renegade.)

“He got the scar opening a can of space peanuts, but he tells everyone it was in a knife fight.”