Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered - coming soon?

Yeah, me basically. I bought the first game day one and played the shit out of it until I encountered some game-breaking bug somewhere in the middle of the story. It was patched not long after but I had already moved on, and never did revisit the trilogy. So I’m all-in for this, and for someone in my position £55 is reasonable.

Probably will have to wait for them to all get updated to work, first (unless you mean going back and just modding up the original versions instead).

I’m actually quite curious how a fully modded up original ME1/2/3 compares to an unmodded Legendary ME1/2/3.

From marketing, expect the ME1 remake to be a huge improvement and ME2/3 to be quite minor indeed.

That would be interesting to see.

I should have known to look first - of course someone has already done a compare:

From what I can tell, mods might allow for better textures on high-end systems but there is a limit to what mods can do for the lighting/shadows/etc. And then you have to figure people will mod LE too…

That test is stupid. He says one is the modded version and one is the legendary edition and he asks you to choose A or B. Then when he gives the Answer he doesn’t say what whether A or B was the legendary edition or the modded version. “It was A”

What was A???

My install folder for the mods before being applied to the 3 games is 150GB.

Without some form of updated Multiplayer, I was already reconsidering buying it, but at that 60.00 price point, it just doesn’t offer enough for me, especially after buying all the overpriced DLCs for the PC version.

Do you think this is Skyrim?!

Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

A (or B) was Legendary. But I only deducted that from the final one with three options where you get bonuspoints if you can, in his words, ‘also pick the modded one and the original’. Hence the one already named should be legendary.

I honestly cannot tell what is what in many of his tests. Then again, I don’t own the modded version, so the differences will probably be more obvious in my case.

Game installed is 10.8GB in size.

Applied the FemShep Consistency Project and Controller mods then the ALOT/ALOV 4K cutscenes and texture mods for a total size of 31.6GB. ME2 went from 11 GB to 36.7GB.

The 4K videos and textures are very nice. It will be interesting to see if BioWare still kept any higher resolution masters around to use.

Hmm I guess the Garrus pic in the video thumbnail is from ME2, and this one has some funky chromatic-aberration-blurring reshade I need to disable:

I know, I know, an unboxing video. I didn’t buy the legendary edition but I was curious how all the pieces looked, so if you were wondering here you go. I am a bit surprised the helmet isn’t cat sized!

I played the originals, but one time, not multiple times. So for me, this is a reasonable price and I’m eager to play again.

To me this is going to be a pretty darn new experience, as I’ve only played each game once and at launch so the first one was a really long time ago (it feels like a life time ago), and the second one was over 10 years ago since I played, and I’ve never touched a lick of DLC for any of it. ME3 was even quite a ways back. I’m not sure how much of the story beats I even remember, honestly.

I decided for $60 it was worth diving in and having this huge experience all over again, it should be a lot of fun, I think. I was debating PC vs. PS5 because I have a great PC and a nice Predator gaming display with VRR. But, I also have a PS5 hooked up to a really incredible OLED TV, and I’d be playing either way with a controller. The deciding factor is I still had a bunch of unused Sony credit, but I also suspect the PS4/PS5 version of the game will look the same as the PC version, though I’m probably not going to get higher than 60 fps on PS5 - which I’m fine with.

Trigger pulled; hype rising.

But now you can’t mod your game for 8k/16k/1024k textures!

LOL

I did actually consider mods, but I’m not really one to mod stuff. I tend to get frustrated/bored by the act of modding, and then I never play the modded game. Unless it’s a simple mod that fixes an issue I don’t like, such as a camera zoom limitation, that is.

I’ll buy the games again when/if the omnibus rerelease comes down to $15. But don’t let that derail the rest of you guys enjoying it, you do you.