Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered - coming soon?

My guess is that attitude will be very prevalent as pertains to ME2/3. ME1 seems like it might be a more meaningful upgrade, but certainly not worth sixty buckaroos.

I think people who own (some of) the original games aren’t really the target audience here. It’s a fine deal for people who have never played ME (or have just played the last one). Maybe not so much for people who have played ME 1-3, but then again: they already played it! So they don’t need a deal…

That Total War decided to offer a discount is nice, but not quite the same: it’s just one game, not the trilogy. Does EA have to give that discount to people who own all the games? Or to anyone who owns just one or two of them? Just not the same, IMO. But I certainly understand why anyone who already paid for all three games will wait for a discount (as will I).

The Mass Effect series somehow just passed me by and I never played the games. So this Remaster seems like a good point of entry.

That said, this is a packed release month for me and this seems like a huge time commitment so I might wait a bit and let the price drop some.

I certainly don’t feel in any hurry to get to it since I’ve already played it. I’m sure it will be on EA Play/Game Pass like everything else released by EA, so what’s the hurry? I can play through the trilogy a second time once that happens. And if I want to own it, EA games usually get heavily discounted over time, so I’m sure I’ll bite on multiple platforms eventually.

Hopefully those of you who have never experienced the Mass Effect games will post your impressions in the thread. As someone who has played all the games multiple times, it will be hard for me to see the game with new eyes.

I was planning to wait until it hit XGPU via EA Play. Plenty of stuff to play until then.

Sure, I’d agree. But a loyalty discount would have added us to the mix. And I’d only have assumed a discount for people who owned the whole trilogy, although a scaling discount would probably be technically feasible.

In all honesty, it seems to me that EA just picked their audience. If you (general you, not specific) have already played the games through and see the value of a whole trilogy of remastered games at $10-$25 total price (the price of a phone app per game), you are likely not the target audience or “worth the attention”.

This is a trilogy that brings back the games to a more modern standard for the fans who aren’t done with them, as well a whole new audience who hasn’t played them yet. And offering the same 3 games at a deep discount to part of the audience might actually be a deterrent for some of those players jumping in at full price.

There will be a sale the players in the above group can jump into later. Or GamePass Ultimate will include the games eventually.

We’ll be added to the mix eventually anyway, when the game is discounted. Which might make EA just as much money as offering a loyalty-discount would do, if not more…

If I’d gotten even a 50% loyalty discount, I’d probably have been on board, because I like the games and I’d feel like I was getting something out of having been an early adopter. They’ll need to sweeten the pot a lot more than that just on general sale, because now I feel like I’ve been treated shabbily and with disregard.

(Although, frankly, I do think remastering most games - jury remains out on this specific instance - is so much less work than making the game in the first place that charging $10-15 to previous owners - or nothing at all if feeling generous - is probably about fair.)

If you never played the ME series and have any interest in story-based shooters or Bioware-style RPGs, you’re in for a treat. They’re excellent.

And we’ve got some expected performance numbers:

If that’s what the reviews say I will probably pass. From the remastered games I have played I don’t really notice much difference. That is probably a “me” issue though.

I never felt I needed to grind to get to the good ending. I usually had enough points to get the best ending by just doing all the side quests.

But I did enjoy the coop MP mode. It was nice to kit out and play the different classes and aliens.

Goodies:

Missing this track:

Perfect, thanks! I was hoping I wouldn’t leave anything on the table playing on PS5 over PC, but I wanted that HDR/TV feel to my experience. It looks like 60fps@4K is on the table for PS5, which is super good.

Yeah, the horde mode was really good in Mass Effect 3. It’s a shame it won’t be part of the remastered version.

-Tom

EA posted a link where you can customize wallpaper to a limited degree: Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition - My Shepard Art Creator - EA Official Site

YOU CAN ONLY PICK TWO SQUADMATES FOR THE WALLPAPER???

THAT’S LIKE SAYING YOU CAN ONLY PICK TWO OF YOUR NINE CHILDREN!

My example above has the only ones that matter.