Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered - coming soon?

I’m expecting the first game to have minimal changes but the other two to have real significant upgrades.

Dunno, maybe Europe has a different launching time? 2 PM and a holiday, I’m not complaining

LOL after the hour was up, it switched to 9 hours. :(

Aw, that sucks, I know you were looking forward to an afternoon of Mass Effect! :(

I did some sleuthing, it sounds like it is supposed to unlock for everyone at the same time - midnight BST, which for me (if Google is correct) is 6pm this afternoon (CST)? That’s still earlier than I had assumed, which was midnight for everyone (regardless of time zone).

Yeah if the countdown clock is correct this time, it’s midnight here when it releases. Haha wow they teally had me there. Had to double check that I wasn’t temporarily insane, but I even have a picture of it saying 1 hour ans 5 minutes left! Oh well. Looking forward to friday afternoon then :)

I think the degree to which Javik is important tends to be wildly exaggerated. Yes, he’s a Prothean but he doesn’t have that much light to shed on his people.

Crazy talk. I’m expecting the first game to have no changes, the second game will change the volume drastically between each spoken line and the third game will give all characters bunny ears.

Well, I really appreciated that he had a LOT of dialog. I was really glad I bought the DLC at launch along with the game, because unlike Zaeed, Javik commented on everything in every mission in the game and had lots of interparty banter too.

You looking to rumble, son? WELL HERE I AM

He’s a good character that is worth having, but the people up in arms about how he was a preorder bonus/DLC were like “this is crucial lore you’re locking behind a paywall” and…not really. He’s got no answers to the major mysteries.

Ars is doing a livestream playthrough right now

Looking good so far. I like the improved inventory to take care of junk.

There’s an article over on Ars as well, with lots more details.

So far, EA DRM gums things up again. Thanks, EA.

That was prerelease and it sounds like the issues may have been fixed before release, so I wouldn’t get my panties all in a ruffle quite yet.

I suspect the DRM will really only be noticeable for the first one. Likely imperceptible in 2 and 3.

To their credit (and Origin should get very little for doing anything properly) running the 3 heavily modded PC versions have never been problematic or had me wishing for a crack to bypass the online activation.

Yes, yes, I agree agree.

In what way will be noticeable?