Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered - coming soon?

Hahahah. I didn’t get Intuitionist’s joke until you piped up. Nice.

Sorry just joking. Riffing on Stusser’s comments in this thread.

This is amazing.

Went to check it out on Xbox Series X and it said it unlocked tonight at 9 pm PT.

Once my Xbox was convinced it was in Australia (just Settings, no VPN or other silliness) the game loaded right up.

Downloading ME2 and 3 right now (THAT’S why it said 88GB but only took up 21 on the initial download) and was playing with the game settings.

The one thing I’m not sure how to set up before starting is the level scaling – there’s a new 30-level Legendary Mode, and the 60-level Classic Mode.

This is the first I am hearing about this, I think? Can you give us any details?

Just saw it in Settings, haven’t started the game yet. An online search hasn’t revealed any details yet. One Reddit thread implied overall leveling might be slower with the new setup.

I’m in this to relive the story and live it like my real life (IE: only die once if possible), so I’m not really looking to make the game more difficult. I’m fine to go through a chunk of the game with a total badass squad. :)

The wiki had this:

• XP has been rebalanced, particularly towards the end of the game. Players who complete most parts of the game should now be able reach the level cap of 60 in a single playthrough, allowing for the maximum import bonuses when using that save in Mass Effect 2.
  • If you want to play using the original Level Scaling, you can swap from Legendary Mode to Classic Mode in the Options Menu under Gameplay.

But the levels are now listed at 30 for legendary instead of 60. Which is why it’s confusing. I’d like the better level scaling, but I don’t want harder level scaling. :)

I remember reading that at least ME 1 was having its XP distribution tweaked so that there was a smoother power curve instead of having a more underpowered early game. I’m not sure if switching to the 60-level mode reverts to the old distribution, or if the numbers just go up to 60 instead

Edit: Ahh, cool! Thanks for the details!

The original ME was nearly impossible to get to 60 on one play-through and required 2. The legendary leveling scale allows you to get all of the skill points by the end of the game as it’s been balanced to reach 30 (the legendary cap) by the time you finish. Classic is the same as it always was, from my understanding.

Edit: Ninja’d by Denny

Welcome back Femshep :’’’’))))

Here’s a nice write-up.

It’s Mr. Garvy Shepard

https://youtu.be/zRpsRKuyi3Y

I’m debating whether I should buy this for PC (again), or if I should instead opt for the PS4. I kind of like the idea of playing this from the couch, but I don’t know how well it will perform on the PS4 (especially ME3).

Choices, choices…

Love it!

Well, I got goosebumps from the menu theme so I’m HOME. I’m home.

I’m in the same boat, but I have time to find out because I refuse to pay full price again for games I own and have completed.

It’s more like 1/3 price, isn’t it? Since it’s three games plus DLCs for $60?

And why is a game that is over a decade old still worth 60$?
The current price for mass effect on steam:

So yes, these are ‘full price’.

I think my price point is $20 for the whole thing since as others have mentioned, I already own these games and have completed them.

So happy for you! Enjoy it to the fullest.

It’s not even the full game, since they removed that Multiplayer aspect. No more can you run around as Krogran Battlemaster, or a Volus (Volus are pretty sweet).

People may have disliked the grind, but I just enjoyed jumping and playing for an hour or so, trying out all the classes and weapons that were available. I even unlocked got the Paladin Class, which had the cool shield.

Except they have put in work to improve them and deserve to get paid for it. On the other hand, if you completed them and don’t like what is on offer, don’t buy it. For me, who barely played 1, I am looking forward to playing on Xbox, and the price doesn’t seem bad at all.