Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered - coming soon?

Hell yes.

Soldier fills a gap in the lineup. Unless you keep Ashley in the first game, there are no dedicated firepower/armor crew. And there’s not much reason to go biotic or engineer because they can’t do anything the rest of the gang can.

For the second and third games, there’s more variety in the roles. I’ve never really found the vanguard pinball act as endlessly amusing as most folk seem to, so it’s less of a draw for me.

Edit: that reminds me of another point in Andromeda’s favor, you can create your own hybrid role with whatever abilities you like.

RIP Ashley on Virmire, always

I have to admit, I was genuinely, endlessly amused by the Vanguard pinball act. It really seems like it should get old, but it just didn’t for me. I can fully appreciate how someone might be less easily entertained. :)

Now see, that’s just a good solution to the issue right there.

I’m not getting the “pinball” thing?

They have a biotic power where they can basically launch themselves against an enemy across large distances almost instantaneously and use their shotgun or melee against an enemy afterwards. Can’t remember the name but someone will chime in here with it :)

Aah, so that’s what you mean. I played Vanguard in ME1 but that was 13 years ago.

What I really wish ME had was a soldier/biotic hybrid that wasn’t Vanguard. One that used assault rifles and could use lift/throw/warp or some combination thereof.

I just picked up Samara and did her loyalty mission this morning. It’s a shame that such an interesting character is stuck behind such a poor costume/character design. Ick.

I am forever a Sniper. Can’t change it, and never wanted to. The only minus for the Infiltrator class for me in ME is that you can’t use an Assault Rifle in ME2 (and I’m guessing ME3) but the Locust and one of the Heavy Pistols are fine for close (read: varren) combat anyways.

Wow, I did not remember this place

(Project Overlord)

Geographic conditions indicate an aesthetically pleasing view nearby. Organic life forms may wish to take note.

About 8 hours into Mass Effect 2 now. Wow the combat is so much better than the first game. Really tired of mining resources already, though.

ME 2 is down, just one left. I gotta say, it will be nice to get all that Cerberus crap out of the Normandy. Going straight from the first game to the second it’s a lot harder to discount their villainy and “humanity uber alles” crap.

And I had a lot of fun with the game. Time and perspective have sanded down the edges of the somewhat drastic changes to the second game from the first. I’ve always thought the game lacked exploration options that the first had. In some ways, that’s true - no more open worlds, just fairly self contained levels. It does feel a bit more claustrophobic, in my opinion.

But man, there are a ton of those smaller missions out there! And more of the cascading missions that build off each other, which was satisfying to bring to a close. I liked the little random “no combat” missions as a change of pace. There was a lot to do.

At the risk of opening up a can of worms, having replayed and refreshed my memory I still don’t see what the big deal is about Lair of the Shadow Broker. It’s fun, and I’m glad there is an opportunity to get Liara back in on the action. But it has this legendary status and I just don’t really see it. Anyway, as expected, big thumbs up overall.

I wouldn’t call Lair of the Shadow Broker legendary, but to me it’s easily the highest quality overall piece of content in ME2. In particular, it has some actually varied and vaguely exciting combat with a cool setpiece or two, which I don’t personally feel is present anywhere else in the game.

Yes, there is a lot of fun variety packed in there. I wouldn’t have any problem calling it the best ME2 dlc, maybe the best ME dlc overall. I guess this is just something I see around the internet, always struck me oddly.

Which sections of Mass Effect 2 did you enjoy more than you enjoyed Shadow Broker?

I don’t know. I guess I liked the whole thing about equally. Why do you ask?

I said upthread that the Shadow Broker was the only part of ME2 I actually remembered today, besides the suicide mission. So it was the most memorable part of ME2 for me. I was just had a theory that either it was the most memorable part to me because it felt epic or perhaps because it was the best part of the game. But I wasn’t sure.