Mass shooting at a synagogue in Pittsburgh today.

Shooter in custody, mass casualties.

Hey Mr. President: good luck on getting that toothpaste back into the tube.

The shooter is apparently a “bearded, heavy set, white male.”

Sounds like another member of the master race.

There are folks online who are pushing a name out there for the shooter, linked to a Gab account. I will not post that here, because there’s been zero confirmation, and the picture in that Gab account avatar is most certainly not bearded nor noticeably heavy.

Geezus christ, I don’t wanna live in interesting times god dammit.

(Worth noting that three police officers were shot and injured by the gunman today. Makes it seem less likely to me that an armed guard would have been anything but the first casualty.)

Media going with the name overheard on police scanners…

Shooter posted that he was also anti-Trump. Did one of those “First Trump came for the Proud Boys, and I didn’t…” things, referencing his (the shooter’s) affinity for those at Charlottesville and other “oppressed” white supremacists.

When Trump said he was a Nationalist this week, the shooter posted that Trump was a globalist and then veered into an antisemitic screed.

So: White Supremacist, to the right of Donald Trump, and very much a QANON believer.

I saw those postings, but didn’t see anything that actually linked them to this shooter.

Media going with it, apparently based on positive identification. Gab took those posts down almost immediately when his name began circulating, but they’ve been archived.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1056231535685394435

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1056233878812274691

Dale of pretty good, so I’d generally believe him i guess

Also Gaetz is a piece of trash. He should have lost his license for a DUI, but got out of it from his dad’s connections.

Worth mentioning:

Earlier this week, a shooter tried to enter a black church, during services, but couldn’t get in:

A guy in Kentucky planning on a school shooting was foiled because his racist facebook posts were reported. Also happened this week:

Democratic Party and liberal leaders were targeted with multiple mail bombs.

A synagogue was shot up with at least 8 dead in Pittsburgh by a white supremacist.

Good thing DHS is sending 800 troops to the border to keep a bunch of starving refugees who are a thousand miles away and on foot from causing any mayhem in our country, huh?

unrolled thread

11 confirmed dead. 4 police officers among those wounded.

Jeff Sessions says that the culprit will be prosecuted under federal hate crime statutes.

I lived about a mile from where the shooting took place through my high school years. My sister and her family still live there. Squirrel Hill is definitely a nice place to live.

I’m so angry I can’t think.