Mass shooting at Jacksonville Landing (FL)...

…apparently at a Madden tournament taking place there. Multiple possible fatalities and injuries reported.

Details incoming.

There’s a video capture going around twitter of a game of Madden going on when you can hear what obviously sounds like gunfire and screaming in the background. No idea if it is authentic or not.

Local reporting that it happened at the GLHF gamebar/restaurant on the Landing.

Sheriff’s office currently describing situation as suspect on the loose and considered extremely dangerous.

Have heard multiple confirmations that the Twitch video of when the shots break out is the real thing. It’s very disturbing (the video is fine; it’s the audio that you hear in the background that is horrific) so I won’t repost here. It can be found on social media.

I count at least 10-12 shots.

It was a small-time tournament. Just a $25 gift card at stake.

Apparently there’s video of a red dot appearing on player’s chests right before the shooting starts. I haven’t watched it, though.

Yeah, its at the beginning of the stream, while they have camera-in-camera on the two players, and you can see a dot of light sort of land on one guy’s shoulder just before the camera automatically cuts to the game. Not sure if that’s a gunsight thing though, or part of the setting there at the game bar.

Dear lord.

Well that’s pretty awful.

They might have a hard time trying to spin this against video games since it’s a sports game.

“As I was going in the restroom, I stayed in there, and I just heard – there was just so many gunshots, at least 20 of them at the most,” said Aleman, who traveled from Texas to play in the tournament.

He said the shooter may have had a laser to assist his aim on the gun.

“I’m still shocked, I can hardly talk,” Aleman said.

Important to note that’s one witness who could be mistaken too, but if that’s true that’s terrifying that this person went there with that kind of intention.

You must not be familiar with the people who will do this.

They’ll either: Not differentiate at all,
Or: They’ll look into the shooters background and odds are he’s played a GTA/CoD at some point and go with that.

Looks like the shooter was a dude that went by the handle “Bread” and was known in the Madden community. Checking his Twitter shows a bunch of really fucked up suicidal posts.

I’m sure you saw the story the other day where a YouTube guy killed himself and two others.

Mental health has been on my mind lately since half the NBA is talking about it right now.

The need to take others with you seems to be a unique set of suicidal, glory seeking individuals. Suicide is certainly bad but this other… murder /suicide thing kind of suggests you can’t take someone speaking of suicide as an individual incident anymore.

That’s sad. Been to the Landing on a number of occasions.

Waiting for the inevitable “If only everyone else had a gun…” reasoning. :(

No wait needed.

-Tom

There were two killed. The third dead is the shooter.