Massive CPU Security Flaws Revealed

Academics and corporations already built quantum computers, but they’re only a very limited number of qubits, maxing out at 72 last I saw, and they are still slower than traditional computers that don’t use alternate universes. So they need to get much wider, with lower error rates and long persistance, to achieve what they call (in a rather dramatic fashion) quantum supremacy.

But what if those universes wants their calculations back and invades us with an interdimensional battle fleet?

Whatever you do, remember to bring a towel.

I still say quantum computing should take a back seat to 3D computing. It would take an entirely new way of manufacturing chips though and an entirely different way of programming.

The beauty of 3D computing is that through the power of Artificial Intelligence, Nvidia DLSS would do it twice as fast.

I remember having a lot of hope that diamond substrates would become a new thing and make solving the heat density problems much smaller, but it doesn’t seem to have turned into anything commercially practical. It feels like we are trying to jump ahead on the technology evolution s-curves without some of the intermediate steps.

Why use DLSS when you could use Radeon 3DD for twice the heat and 10% slower rendering?

Well compound semiconductors like GaN aren’t skipping ahead; they’re a whole new process that needs to be matured, but not too different than silicon. They’re the obvious next step.

3D architecture on silicon/GaN/carbon(crystalline diamond), carbon nanotubes, graphene, etc, those are much bigger leaps ahead. And quantum computing is conceptually even further, if quantum supremacy ends up being real.

I have my suspicion that if someone base a paper on old school law of entropy and apply it to quantum the computing dream, he or she will be able to show that the energy you put into a quantum computer to extract information from the qu bits will be the same as amount of energy you you put in to extract from a normal computer. And the person will be famous.

From a information systems view point, quantum computing sounds like the perpetual motion machine.

OK, it’s time.

Don’t panic! Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet will be accidentally swallowed by a small dog.

If alternate universes with people exist isn’t it likely they are already fucking with us?

Did anyone ever get anywhere with gallium arsenide? That is what Seymour Cray was trying to use at the end.

Clearly we are the alternate universe…

We’re the backup universe in case the “true” universe borks itself.

If we are the backup to the “true” universe, then the “true” universe is in a boatload of shit.

This forum needs likes.

That’s awesome. Like a quaternion in Hilbert space.

Gallium Nitride (GaN) is starting to pop up in aftermarket power adapters (where it’s credited with making them smaller and lighter).

Intel has been talking about it, too, with some references mentioning it as something they’ll explore during the 7nm cycle (I’ve yet to see any realistic projection of an actual marketable product from it though). It’s expected to be really good at high temperatuture, high frequency operation:
https://blogs.intel.com/technology/2015/12/intel-discusses-future-research-options-at-iedm-2015/#gs.vHgU4Osh
Ars has a good write-up from 2016:

SPOILER, the researchers say, will make existing Rowhammer and cache attacks easier, and make JavaScript-enabled attacks more feasible – instead of taking weeks, Rowhammer could take just seconds. Moghimi said the paper describes a JavaScript-based cache prime+probe technique that can be triggered with a click to leak private data and cryptographic keys not protected from cache timing attacks.

Mitigations may prove hard to come by. “There is no software mitigation that can completely erase this problem,” the researchers say. Chip architecture fixes may work, they add, but at the cost of performance.

I’m seriously considering going back to AMD with my next build. What a cluster.