Master of Magic remake - Hello Worlds of Magic!

I’m pretty sure I just hit a game-killing bug. In one turn the amount of mana going towards spellcasting went form +10 to -8/turn, with no indication as to the cause. The only change to the world map was the completion of an Armory, which only has upkeep in gold (supposedly).

I think I’m out for now.

Turns out it wasn’t a bug after all - it was my misinterpretation of mana being used to power a spell I was casting.

I played a bit longer and may have turtled a bit too much, and wandering mobs have show up and are attacking my one city on a regular basis. I have a pretty good army garrisoned, but combat is the same lackluster affair is was in WoM, so it’s tough to get too engaged.

Tomorrow is payday for me, and I hear TW:Warhammer calling my name louder and louder.

Planar Conquest suffers from the same fatal flaw that WoM did, and that is the AI gets massive cheats and bonuses even on the easiest level. I even read that it does not pay any upkeep. That makes it no fun to play against for me. If it had a non-cheating AI it may be worth playing. It’s amazing to me how many gamers don’t care about this and ridicule me for even bringing it up. Very disappointing.

So, this just got ported to Xbox One. $30. Is it any good? I liked MoM back in the day, and Civ Rev was about my speed in terms of modern 4x games. Would I like this?

It’s not worth 30$

Yes. I hate this. But even the AAA titles cheat. I have been playing a Attila: Total war campaign for an achievement (“This is total war”) and I have noticed the cheating bastard ai countries don’t need food. Aggravating.

However for a challenge to a human I guess it is necessary. When it is transparent, though, it doesn’t work. This is why (unlike some here) I like a little mystery to my mechanics in a strategy game.