Mayor of Toronto on the Way Out

I like that one of yours better. More pleasant on the eyes.

Can you please put that in spoiler quotes or just add a link so that it stops bleeding our eyes. Courtesy, people.

As he was shown the footage for the first time, Councillor Doug Ford said it couldn’t have been filmed last night because the mayor looked a lot heavier and because he talked to him on the phone, at 10:30 p.m.

“Obviously that’s him, but it didn’t happen last night,” said Mr. Ford. “He’s given up drinking 100%. I think we’re playing games now, I’ll repeat what he’s said 10-million times, at the beginning of November he hasn’t taken a drink.”

Asked if the mayor needs help, Councillor Ford said: “Help for what?”

Sounds legit.

Why are your eyes bleeding? Too much testosterone?

It should be easy enough to find out if it’s a lie or not. Just go to the fastfood restaurant in Rexdale and ask the staff if he was there last night.

Other public appearance pics from that night show same outfit.

Why didn’t he just use the cure-all: “obviously I was in one of my drunken stupors” – that’s guaranteed to lead to a re-election surge, just like every time an American politician proudly proclaims to have learned about the latest (and every) scandal on the news, for the first time.

The fact that either of those excuses works says all anyone needs to know about modern political success being divorced from accountability (or achievements).

Denied, lied, and then 'fessed up.

This guy is a joke. “What problem?” He’s really fucked up. This can’t keep rolling on like this. Dougie goes “Rob’s sober, not a drop” and of course, the truth is something different.

Ford Nation is full of fuckwits:

Penny Morrison, a Rexdale resident who identified herself as an unflinching Ford supporter, entered the restaurant to express her views to the media.
“He was just horsing around with his friends . . . People overreact to everything he does,” she said, waving a red and blue “Ford Nation” flag.
“The entire world laughed at Jesus too . . . I want Rob to know that come Oct. 27, he’s the boss and he will win.”

If Doug Ford says something, the opposite is true.

Just another Drunken Stupor. Driving drunk and meeting with his drug dealer.

Meeting with his drug dealer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg90bZEHEIM

Is Rob Ford your new Blackberry? ;)

I just saw the video. So long as Rob Ford is Mayor of Toronto, Jimmy Kimmel won’t have to worry about getting material for his show.

Rob Ford is Jesus? Holy shit. I thought Americans were dense in their politics, but apparently there is a group in Toronto giving the worst of us a run for the money.

For some strange reason, these hardcore supporters seem to believe that only Rob Ford can manage the city and its finances in a responsible fashion. This is despite the fact that there are other fiscally conservative council members who are/used to be Ford allies because of the shared goals for sensible spending who are likely to run for mayor in the next election. Karen Stintz has declared she will run. Denzil Minnan-Wong has not declared yet, but is widely expected to run for mayor. There are alternatives to a crack-smoking mayor who regularly finds himself in drunken stupors. But the hardcore Ford Nation won’t open their eyes.

It would be great if some moderate alternatives ran, that’s for sure. The reason Ford retains support (against all odds) is that a lot of people are more terrified of crackpots like David Miller and Olivia Chow who are punitive to the entire city than a crackhead who only damages himself.

Great, now I have the tune of Jesus of Suburbia stuck in my head over this entire farce. Because that’s what it’s turned into. No offence to anyone from Toronto, but…

Desslock - punitive?

Perhaps some hyperbole at play, but David Miller, the previous mayor was left wing card-carrying New Democrat. He was not very amenable to service cuts as a way to deal with the city’s budget, and was the one who implemented the vehicle registration tax, and land transfer tax in Toronto as an alternate funding source. Whether that can be described as punitive depends on who you are. One of the challenges for the municipalities of the time was that the Mike Harris (Conservative) provincial government “downloaded” the cost of many services to the municipalities. One of the interesting things about David Miller’s time in office is that he chose David Soknacki, a rather more right leaning councillor as his budget chief. Soknaki is also running for mayor on a platform of fiscal responsibility (without the drunken stupors we assume).

As for Olivia Chow, she is through and through left wing New Democrat. She hasn’t declared that she is running for mayor, so no platform has been announced but it’s highly unlikely that she would be pushing for aggressive cuts to social programs.

Hah! I remember what a laughingstock David Miller made Toronto look like during his time as mayor! We’re far better off with Rob “Drunken Stupor” Ford.

Mel Lastman made us Westerners hate him though.

Rob Ford told the press he had quit drinking prior to being caught drinking at the Steak Queen

“I quit drinking. Earlier. Later hasn’t happened yet.”

“I am not using crack. Right now, that is.”