Mayor of Toronto on the Way Out

The fact that someone’s an embarrassing clown doesn’t affect me, while someone whose policies are anathema to human beings is a tad more perturbing.

But man, wtf with this guy. Clown of the highest order.

For those of you who don’t know much of the Rob Ford story beyond the late show wisecracks, this two-part article is an excellent writeup about how things went down:
The World’s Most Notorious Mayor Part 1
The World’s Most Notorious Mayor Part 2

I would say that refusing to declare a state of emergency when a million people lose power in a winter storm, purely out of spite because it’s the only power you have left, qualifies as “anathema to human beings.”

Weird thing to call the crackhead out on, since he actually did a really good job managing the ice storm - or at least that’s the general perception – and his approval rating significantly rose because of it.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2014/01/20140108-080750.html

But obviously if you’re going to exaggerate and talk about ONE MILLION people without power you’re probably not interested in these things.

My bad. I misremembered the number (actually 300K) and I did not know he had done a decent job with the response. I just saw a story from Torontoist (and yes, I know they have an anti-Ford agenda) talking about his unwillingness to declare a state of emergency and speculating that it was petulance over the council stripping most of his powers. I never heard any further updates. There are plenty of things to revile and mock Ford over that have a factual basis, so I won’t exaggerate and distort to add another one.

The moron campaigns on “not on taxpayer dime” and then he wants to get provincial money.

Municipalities are provincial creations - they are dependent upon the Provinces for everything that they can’t satisfy through property tax (their only method of fundraising).

Amen, brother.

In general, yes, but in the case of Toronto, no. Toronto has been granted additional powers to levy charges in the form of vehicle registration taxes and land transfer taxes which other municipalities do not have.

A fact which the province is all too happy to remind the city, each time it goes to Queen’s Park, begging bowl in hand.

Multiple-lies-a-minute

Rob Ford wants to set the record straight, “I had nothing to do with Anthony Smith’s murder”.
Just like when he had a press release to set the record straight “I was not in that photo, nor does that photo exist”.

So, that probably means he had a lot more to do with that murder than he’s letting on… or heck maybe he actually committed the murder in one of his drunkin stupors?

That’s silly. But it shows that you can’t daytrip through shithole crack dens without meeting some really bad people.

I know it’s silly, but with all his lying you really can’t take anything he says at face value.

That’s for certain, but lying and being a lout in denial are sadly pretty common human attributes. Being a murderer is not.

Seems my left-wing liberal glee is rubbing off on Jeff.

I suspect that the day Mayor Ford will be seen with a Blackberry, it will be schadenfreude nirvana for rei.

:)

Wouldn’t it be funny if blackberry decided to make Rob Ford their spokesman to get some major hot publicity? With Ford Nation support they could actually surpass their current sales.

Career criminal Rob Ford ticketed for jaywalking