Mayor of Toronto on the Way Out

I totally blame Kathleen Wynne on this one. I have nothing against her and don’t get the hate but she fucked Ontario when she saw the writing on the wall and said to people on the fence, I’m not going to be leader anymore so you can vote for your Liberal candidate with a clear conscience. It should have been anybody but Ford but she put her party before her province. Fuck her.

How long is it until we get our cheap hydro, cheap gas and one dollar beers, I wonder?

Call me crazy, but I blame the people who voted for Doug fucking Ford.

What is up with you, Canada? You were supposed to be the sane, sensible one. You were the one who was supposed to bail us out when we get drunk and break into other people’s cars. It was your basement we were planning to sleep in when we couldn’t make rent. Now you’re telling us that when we come to borrow a few bucks (just until payday, honest) we’re gonna find out Doug fucking Ford already blew all your cash on crack and hookers.

I can only hope his downfall is as glorious as his brother’s was.

I have quite a few old acqaintances on Facebook, and as a whole, they’re the blue collar / stay at home mom home-grown white suburban Ontarian, and they pretty much sound like US-style conservatives in their posts, but minus the crazy. The usual pro military, anti-environment regulation, anti handouts, ethnical minorities taking over our culture lines.

Sounds like they kept the crazy

Well, you know what I mean, instead of “fuckin libtard snowflake SJW eat my ASS Trumps’ gonna smash yo face” that I’ve seen posted in various forums on facebook that I frequent (hobby stuff mostly), it’s "wearing a hijab in court is against federal code! What’s next, segregate the gym with our tax dollars?

Only loosely paraphrased btw…

No one from Moonbeam, Ontari-ari-o though, I hope? I’ve never been but I’ve always wanted to go.

Having made the 20+ hour Greyhound bus ride between Ottawa and Thunder Bay multiple times I can’t say I’m terribly surprised. The people in Sault Ste. Marie were super nice, though.

My state can be decent sometimes :)

It was in early January and freezing cold. Sault Ste Marie was about halfway in the bus ride from hell, so we still had many hours ahead.

My girlfriend and her stepdaughter time got incredibly, violently, ill and we weren’t able to re-board the bus when it left. We had no money, cell phones weren’t ubiquitous at the time (this was the 90’s). I didn’t really know what to do, I was only 19 or 20 at the time, but the manager of the Ramada Inn there saw us and put us up for the night in the nicest room they had. Was incredibly nice of him and really saved our asses.

Because of that, I’ll always have good memories of Sault Ste. Marie, even though it was usually at the middle point in the hellish bus ride in the middle of winter. :)

I mean, if you ignore the decade under Stephen Harper then sure.

Canada, like most democracies, oscillates regularly between conservative and liberal governments. The fact that it’s currently morning in Canada while it’s midnight in America does not speak to any innate superiority of Canadian democracy.

That’s why we picked a ridiculous premier, in order to get rid of the most incompetent government the province has ever seen, without picking the batshit loony catastrophic premier.

What downfall? He would have been re-elected despite being a crackhead if he hadn’t gotten terminal cancer.

Amazing that you would say that about the best leader, and government in general, in any western country, in the past 25 years. Canada is in such good shape, relative to the rest of the western world, because of that government.

The christian fundie who muzzled scientists?

inane demagoguery and intellectually dishonest interpretation but whatever

It’s a thing that is actually documented as having happened, but it’s 2018 so facts don’t matter so “whatever”.

Ah, the neocon snowflake in the wild.

Question for you Desslock: Would you happen to know whether the liberals look like they will face consequences at the federal level for the reams of deception over electoral reform and other matters? If so, any idea what those consequences will look like? This provincial vote is a good sign given the spiral the liberals put Ontario in.

One thing I like about the random handful of Canadians I know in real life is that while they’re extremely liberal people (think Green party, all men are misogynists by nature, etc), they never once resort to dumb demeaning insults like this, or intellectually dishonest drive-by arguments like the ones you’ve lazily presented. Canadian politics is fascinating, not least because Canadians have such a better sense of the US than the US has of Canada’s.

And here you show your ignorance. HINT: REI is not American. Nice try.