McCain cops to being somewhat out of touch

And has apparently been playing lots of Final Fight.

Quoted from tonight:

“Mayors have the toughest job, I think, in America. It’s easy for me to go to Washington, and frankly, be somewhat divorced from the day-to-day challenges that people have.”

You’d vote for him. I bet he can see Russia from up there.

Obama said something very similar. Something along the lines that mayors have the tough job actually getting things done while they ‘yak’ in Washington.

My overall opinion matters not a jot but this has as much relevance to anything as “lipstick on a pig”. You, mr McCain, multi-millionaire, sitting in Washington aren’t that in touch with average joe?

News a 10. Of course you fucking aren’t you’re a multi-millionaire politician sat in washington for however many months your government sits in session. Now trying to run for president and so far removed from whoever it is making the money to allow to you run for president that you can actually admit it.

Why is this even a thread? I’m starting to think that the Presidential election should be determined by rolling a dice with 20 pointless issues and then everyone voting yes/no on that.

Obama - I had a hard childhood but we should all wear wigs on fridays
mcCain - I was tortured so we wouldn’t have to.

Vote!

Yeah, I’m not seeing any reason for this thread to exist aside from the Mike Haggar joke (it is up to each person whether they feel that is enough reason). But yeah, not a gaffe, not a great observation, just an uncontroversial statement of fact (the out of touch part) and an assertion that, while hyperbolic, isn’t that big a deal.

We want to talk about stupid quotes? How about “[Sarah Palin] knows more about energy than probably anyone else in the United States of America.” That’s from McCain’s own mouth in the last couple days.

Woah, that mayor dude from Final Fight took those shark comics a little too seriously…