McLusky

Isn’t it an awesome feeling when the obscure album you buy on a whim turns out to be absolutely brilliant?

The Difference Between Me And You Is That I’m Not On Fire is a must buy record for people who enjoy punk that isn’t some whining arsehole who wants to sound like Green Day.

Highlights include She Will Only Bring You Happiness, That Man Will Not Hang and Without MSG I’m nothing.

The lowlights are probably Your Children Are Just Waiting For You To Die and Slay (I’ve never been a fan of songs who use the gimmick of going from a whisper to absolute chaosthrough the length of the song). Still, if more bands had highlights as good as these lowlights the world would be a better place.

One of the guys used to post on OMM back in the day IIRC. Loyallovingbitch?

I had the same awesome feeling with their “Mclusky do Dallas” album.

My last “driving” mix CD has “Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues” and “To Hell with Good Intentions” on it. Great band.

Fucking loved McLusky to death. All their albums are worth buying, but their …Do Dallas is a genuine classic.

I reviewed lead-singer/guitarist Falco’s new band, The Future of the Left* for a music mag I write for, and it’s very much in a similar vein. Looking forward to them recording.

When I was there discovered Falco’s a big PC Games fan. He knew me from my writing. Which was a pleasant surprise.

KG

*http://www.myspace.com/futureoftheleft

McLusky’s had titles better than most bands entire lyrical history.

Hell: Here’s some songs…
To Hell With Good Intentions (Live)

Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues

She Will Only Bring You Happiness

KG