Mechwarrior Mercenaries 5: Single player inside!

You don’t think you could kill mechs effectively unless you can combine small weapons into huge ones?

I mean, the overall selection of weapons actually has specific weapons designed to enable that kind of capability.

Again, that’s kind of the point of a weapon like the AC20.

But should it be as easy as it is? Because it’s pretty easy.

Really? The average player couldn’t figure out that you need to stop during your JJs for a brief moment before firing your weapons?

On some level, making more complex mechanics that players need to internalize isn’t a bad thing. It’s the act of learning those mechanics that gives a game depth, and makes it worth playing.

If everything is easy when you first start playing, then the game isn’t good. There’s nothing to get better at.

But we aren’t talking about just making every weapon random in it’s precision.

We are just saying that you can’t for 4 medium lasers to achieve the exact same effect as an AC20.

You could still use an AC20 and achieve the exact same effect. Or hell, you could use the medium lasers, you’d just have to land 4 times as many aimed shots, and deal with the additional exposure of your mech.

Do you really think that being forced to make such choices as a pilot would reduce your fun? Wouldn’t it give you a deeper, richer environment in which to play?

ALso… this…
we’re just talking here, dude. If you don’t wanna talk about it, that’s cool. Like I said, I don’t think there’s any chance at all PGI would implement any of this anyway.

Is there anything that you think they should change compared to past incarnations of mechwarrior, or should it just stay the same in your mind, with updated graphics? It seems like you’re arguing that the old game was good enough.

In terms of “no one wants it”, do you really think you’ve got a super good grip on that? I mean, based on what, a few posts in the MWO forums? How many people even still play that game? The steam charts have it at less than 600 concurrent players these days. Maybe you need to expand out beyond that group a bit.