Mechwarrior Mercenaries 5: Single player inside!

Thanks for that. I may be on the intarwebs tonight.

Let me know if you need more details or help to get it working.

::clapping::

So. Download the ISO. I get that. Then load the MekTeck something? Then the NoCD patch?

I would download the MekTek release which has everything already.

Give this a go: https://www.reddit.com/r/mechwarrior/wiki/mechwarrior4merc/download

I used a slightly different guide which I can’t seem to find at the moment, but if you have problems with the above let me know.

EDIT: The zip includes several mech packs that MekTek made for the game many moons ago. It is filled to the brim with mechs and even includes power armour and things like that. If you haven’t touched MW4 since release you’ll see alot of great stuff thrown in.

Thanks @Tim_N. I was able to get it working. Fun to revisit it. I must have installed the MekTek version before because i remember most of the added mechs. MY only issue is the sound level for the voices is really low and i cannot find a way to raise them - they have music and effects volume. Time to fight the Fedcom civil war.

Which Merc Company did you choose as your sponsor? I always like the Wolf’s Dragoons but there are other good choices.

Real heads never got over the Refusal War.

Yes, the sponsor decision, a major decision you make before even starting the game. I have played all of them. If you choose Grey Death you have to support Katrina (for role-playing reason), and they difficult fight at the end. I just finished New Exford and got my own ‘clan marauder’

I went with Wolf’s Dragoons; early/more access to clan tech is nice.
I remember that the Highlander’s give you extra money for mission, and GDL gives you access to Lostech, but what does Kell’s Hounds do?

Coming to your favorite store, EGS

Link for the curious.

Anyone giving any kind of preorder money to Piranha games, for anything, is making a terrible mistake.

I was phoneposting!

100%. Not even touching it until I see reviews.

When MW:O was announced I actually said “You’d really have to try hard to make a Battletech game I won’t play.”

I really underestimated Piranha.

As a result I won’t be pre-ordering this or even post-ordering until I see a lot of positive reviews.

Has there been any word on MW5 hitting the consoles at all?

A thousand times this.

I played MW4 for the better part of a decade, and I was all in when it came to supporting MW:O, but their ultimate failure and blatant disrespect for their players really rubbed me the wrong way, and made me way more bitter towards them than I’ve ever been towards any game developer.

I really don’t get all the MW:O hate, if we’re talking gameplay.

It’s an absurd grind with huge advantages for long-term grinders/pay-to-winners that sapped my will to play, and the sale of premium mechs remains, generously, poorly handled, but I thought the actual stompy robots part was decent enough. I’ve enjoyed other entries in the series more, but I still might consider picking it up after the Epic exclusivity runs out.

Oh, I’d be very interested in MW5, Piranha or no Piranha. I’m just not pre-ordering anything. If it turns out that they nailed the important stuff and haven’t screwed up anything vital, I’ll buy it from the Epic shot even. It’s just that the whole MWO experience was not pleasant overall, the decency of the actual 'mech piloting aside.