Médecine Politique: A Qt3 Empires in Arms PBF Game

March, 1805

We now begin March, 1805

“I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy.”

John Adams

Political Phase

This Phase proceeds as below:

A. The Diplomacy Step.

B. The Declarations of War Step.

C. The Call to Allies Step. The order of calling is determined by competitive die rolls.

D. The Peace Step. Peace term selection order is determined by the order the major powers went to war.

E. The Creating Alliances Step.

F. The Minor Country Control Step. Setup in the order: France,

Russia, Turkey, Austria, Prussia, Great Britain, Spain.

G. The Breaking Alliances Step.

H. The Free State Declaration Step.

I. The Declaration of Combined Movement Step.

A. The Diplomacy Step. - This Step is completed.

B. The Declarations of War Step. - is now resolved:

France (@Juan_Raigada) declares war on Hesse: -1PP.
Russia (@MiquelRamirez) declares war on Sweden: -2 PP.
Prussia (@Cuthbert) declares war on Hesse and the Duchies: -2PP total.
Spain (@Mark_Weston) decates war on Algeria (note map errata; the capital of Algeria is Algiers): -1 PP.

Per the below:

4.6.4 MORE THAN ONE DECLARATION OF WAR UPON

A MINOR COUNTRY: If more than one major power has declared war on the same neutral minor country in the same Turn, any of the major powers may back down from the war declaration (but still lose the political points for the declaration)-if necessary, the involved players should secretly write down their intentions and reveal them simultaneously. If any two major powers who are both in a period of enforced peace (see 4.4.6.3) with each other and hence are not able to declare war upon one another, both declare war upon the same minor country then they must both back down, still paying the political point cost for the war declaration. If a major power is unable to declare war on any other major power that also declared war on the minor country for any other reasons (see 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 or for portions of a loser’s enforced peace that exceed a winner’s enforced peace), that major power must back down, still paying the political point cost for the war declaration. Major Powers are not considered to have broken an alliance by these actions.

France and Prussia each must back down, losing that political point loss noted above.

C. The Call to Allies Step. There are no DoWs on Major powers, this step is mooted.

D. The Peace Step. Do any of France (@Juan_Raigada), Austria (@Matt_W), or Great Britain (@Kolbex) wish to sue for Peace?

E. The Creating Alliances Step. Do any Major powers wish an Alliance with any other? Please announce in thread at this time.

F. The Minor Country Control Step. Setup in the order: France, Russia, Turkey, Austria, Prussia, Great Britain, Spain.

Do any Major powers wish to NOT roll for control of: Duchies, Sweden, Algeria? Please announce in thread or risk control.

I await responses.

Gratias Tibi,

Et Historicus, Moderator est DIsceptator