Médecine Politique: A Qt3 Empires in Arms PBF Game

End February 1805

We shall begin March 1805 tomorrow, Saturday 09 February at 2359 EST with the resolution of the March Declarations of War Step. of the Political Phase. At that time, all Major powers should have Declarations of War submitted to me privately.

Gratias Tibi,

Et Historicus, Moderator est DIsceptator

I believe France also loses 1PP for this conquest per 10.2.1.2:

10.2.1.2: A minor country conquest gains the conqueror one political point per district (see 10.4) and costs the major power from which the country was conquered one political point per district. Record on the POIITICAIL STATUS DISPLAY on the Status Card.

Pius%20VII%20Small

This is correct. France is in the “12” box.

Gratias Tibi,

March, 1805

We now begin March, 1805

“I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy.”

John Adams

Political Phase

This Phase proceeds as below:

A. The Diplomacy Step.

B. The Declarations of War Step.

C. The Call to Allies Step. The order of calling is determined by competitive die rolls.

D. The Peace Step. Peace term selection order is determined by the order the major powers went to war.

E. The Creating Alliances Step.

F. The Minor Country Control Step. Setup in the order: France,

Russia, Turkey, Austria, Prussia, Great Britain, Spain.

G. The Breaking Alliances Step.

H. The Free State Declaration Step.

I. The Declaration of Combined Movement Step.

A. The Diplomacy Step. - This Step is completed.

B. The Declarations of War Step. - is now resolved:

France (@Juan_Raigada) declares war on Hesse: -1PP.
Russia (@MiquelRamirez) declares war on Sweden: -2 PP.
Prussia (@Cuthbert) declares war on Hesse and the Duchies: -2PP total.
Spain (@Mark_Weston) decates war on Algeria (note map errata; the capital of Algeria is Algiers): -1 PP.

Per the below:

4.6.4 MORE THAN ONE DECLARATION OF WAR UPON

A MINOR COUNTRY: If more than one major power has declared war on the same neutral minor country in the same Turn, any of the major powers may back down from the war declaration (but still lose the political points for the declaration)-if necessary, the involved players should secretly write down their intentions and reveal them simultaneously. If any two major powers who are both in a period of enforced peace (see 4.4.6.3) with each other and hence are not able to declare war upon one another, both declare war upon the same minor country then they must both back down, still paying the political point cost for the war declaration. If a major power is unable to declare war on any other major power that also declared war on the minor country for any other reasons (see 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 or for portions of a loser’s enforced peace that exceed a winner’s enforced peace), that major power must back down, still paying the political point cost for the war declaration. Major Powers are not considered to have broken an alliance by these actions.

France and Prussia each must back down, losing that political point loss noted above.

C. The Call to Allies Step. There are no DoWs on Major powers, this step is mooted.

D. The Peace Step. Do any of France (@Juan_Raigada), Austria (@Matt_W), or Great Britain (@Kolbex) wish to sue for Peace?

E. The Creating Alliances Step. Do any Major powers wish an Alliance with any other? Please announce in thread at this time.

F. The Minor Country Control Step. Setup in the order: France, Russia, Turkey, Austria, Prussia, Great Britain, Spain.

Do any Major powers wish to NOT roll for control of: Duchies, Sweden, Algeria? Please announce in thread or risk control.

I await responses.

Gratias Tibi,

France does not want to roll for control of any minor country.

France, obviously, does not sue for peace either.

Russia forgoes the opportunity to control of any minor powers

No peace.

The Ottomans will roll.

I will not, however, roll for the Duchies.

I await responses from Spain (@Mark_Weston), Prussia (@Cuthbert) and Austria (@Matt_W).

Gratias Tibi,

Austria will not sue for peace. And we will accept control of minor powers who need a patron.

Sure, I’ll roll for them. And no alliances at this time.

HIs Majesty has spent the last three days in pursuit of the finest boar in all of Leon. He has no time for trivia such as the correspondence of minor German princelings.

(No rolls for Duchies or Hesse.)

Finally remembered to raise this query; my understanding was that land forces are simply eliminated and only fleets recorded for later activation as a Free minor. Is that wrong?

Yes, your understanding was faulty. Too much boar for dinner, possibly.

I post with the proper sense of diffidence of someone who’s trying to argue with the guy who’s played the game for decades. But these are what I found during my recent re-read.

10.2.1.1: When a minor country is conquered by a major power, the minor country’s surviving land forces (except for Poland-see 11.1.3.3) are considered to be eliminated and removed from the map. Minor country fleets are removed, but remain at their current ship strength and the fleet and ships are available as soon as that minor country again becomes a minor Free State. While off-map, no maintenance is paid and factors and ships may not be added.

10.5.2.3 … When a minor Free State becomes neutral or its control changes, all of its forces are removed, but a note is kept of its current fleet strength (which will become available if the minor country later again becomes a Free State).

[ 4.8 ] THE FREE STATE DECLARATION STEP: Major powers can declare that any of their conquered minor countries that can have corps are now minor Free States. Replace the conquered control flag with a Free State control flag in that country. Its fleet if any, is set up at its current strength and its corps, fleets, land, and naval factors may be purchased beginning in the next Economic Phase (see 8.2 and 8.5).

Also, no such thing as “too much” boar.

It what I get for answering at 7 am. Play on.

I have responses for rolls from all but Great Britain (@Kolbex) . As well, as all non-Prussian allies have declined for the Duchies, Austria (@Matt_W) and Great Britain do either of you wish to vie to control that state?

Gratias Tibi,