Médecine Politique: A Qt3 Empires in Arms PBF Game

A Note to All

Pius%20VII%20Small

Marshal Berthier (@cannedwombat) has completed our Vassal module for our tale.

It can be downloaded in the Introductory Post. There are two links, one for the module and one for the VMDX Extension. The Map selection for our gorgeous new old world map provided by @Juan_Raigada is called “EIA_MP” in the map choices.

Gratias Tibi,

Et Historicus, Moderator est DIsceptator,

So are we going to all be emailing a file back and forth, or posting our moves in here for you to edit into the module, or something else?

Pius%20VII%20Small

Naval/Land Moves will be done upon receipt of a file from me via email and then sent back to me via email.

As well, the initial VMDX file link was incorrect, and was the wrong module. This has been corrected.

Gratias Tibi,

Et Historicus, Moderator est DIsceptator,

How does the restriction of 11.9.1.1 apply?

11.9.1.1 RESTRICTIONS ON TERRITORIAL LOSSES: No major power with a player may ever have its home nation reduced by more than a total of three provinces.

Does this apply to ceded provinces? Or only losses due to change in dominant power status. In either case, what happens if the limit is to be exceeded?

Three provinces reduction, max. Period. From game start. From Peace conditions only (voluntarily giving home provinces to political combinations does not count towards this number).

To the Heads of Government

Time passes; Pre-Game Declarations of War are near their deadline.

If you know your Pre-Game DOW decisions, please send them to me in a PM no later than 2359 EST Monday January 14. If you have none please send me a PM to that effect. Earlier, is better, if possible.

Oh, let me introduce Le général de l’exposition to explain what you should be thinking about next.

Gratias Tibi,

Et Historicus, Moderator est DIsceptator ,

Greetings, I am Le général de l’exposition, in English, General Exposition. I’ll also be “Admiral Exposition”, unfortunately…

A reminder; start thinking about Land and Naval setup. Land will occur first in this order:

Russia, Turkey, Austria, Prussia, Great Britain, Spain, France.

Followed by Naval Setup in this order:

Russia. Turkey, France, Spain, Great Britain.

Le modérateur will send the Vassal save file to you when it is your turn to engage in setup, and you will set up pertinent units and then send back the save file and your Excel Military Information File back to him.

Hopefully, this will be painless. However, Le modérateur will do whatever is necessary, to include getting on a telephone (!!??!!), if needed, to walk you through whatever difficulties you may encounter, to ensure this process works.

Merci de votre attention,

Le général de l’exposition

Prussia is ready to march boldly into TYOOL 1805.

It was the Coronation that pushed Berlin and Vienna to War, according to Milord Talleyrand. “Vienna and Berlin couldn’t bear to see the Emperor, now enthroned, spreading the Empire to and beyond the Rhine, a prospect they feared with a Parvenu wearing a crown , in their eyes.”

The Private Dairies of Catherine Grand

Austria and Prussia (@Matt_W and @Cuthbert) begin 1805 at War with France.

The talk here is of mobilizing the Army to take back what was lost at Valmy. An Austrian Captain of Hussars says that Vienna wants what it lost at Marengo. Your Excellency, Hesse will become a battlefield.
Monsignor Father Manfred Kreuger, Letter to the the Bishop of the Palatinate, December 19, 1804

France (@Juan_Raigada) begins 1805 initiating no new conflicts in Europe

L’Empereur was brought he news of the wars by Talleyrand in his study a mere week after his coronation.

Great Britain (@Kolbex) initiates no new aggression as 1805 begins

The Board of Admiralty discusses how to take advantage of this turn of events.

Spain (@Mark_Weston) is quiet as 1805 begins

The Spanish Royal family was surprised at hearing news of a new war far away on the Rhine, but hoped events in Italy wouldn’t impact family interests there.

The balls continue in Madrid, Uncle. This “Prince of Peace” at the center of it all. no one striking a blow or giving a thought to this British stranglehold on the country. Oh, and Merry Christmas.

– Kevin Blake, Merchant and Wine Import/Exporter, Irishman, Letter to General Joaquin Blake in Cadiz from Madrid, December 25, 1804.

Russia (@MiquelRamirez) , as ever, is an Enigma, and makes no moves to disturb her peace among nations

Tradesmen go about their business at the docks of St. Petersburg.

The Sublime Porte (@Panzeh) seems more concerned with Internal matters

Sublime%20Porte

Sultan Selim III recieves a report from an official recently returned from a tour of Palestine, who has also visited tumultuous Egypt.

To recap; Austria and Prussia have begun 1805 at War with France. As the Game begins, Austria, Prussia and Great Britain are at War with France.

Russia is currently preparing her Land force Setup. She’ll be followed by Turkey, Austria, Prussia, Great Britain, Spain and finally France. Be prepared gentlemen. Your turn will come soon.

Gratias Tibi,

Et Historicus, Moderator est DIsceptator

The Future?

Russia has completed her Land Setup

Russian%20Setup%20Complete

Le%20g%C3%A9n%C3%A9ral%20de%20l%E2%80%99exposition%20small

When each player receives the Vassal file, a few things:

1.) Join the game as your country (you’ll be given the option of various…Prussia, choose Prussia, please…for example).

2.) There is a right click option on the Corps (called “Mask”) to flip them to their “Identity hidden” side. Please remember to do that after placement.

3.) When done, send me your Military Information sheet (in a zip file at that dropbox link in the initial post). I’ll need that as well as your Vassal Save file before I make the next country’s dispositions of Corps, garrisons and fleets public.

—Next up is Turkey (@Panzeh)

General Exposition

I feel a bit dim…are the numbers factors or corps numbers?

EDIT I assume the plain numbers are garrisons, and the stacks are corps? And the ones with the symbol are…depots?

Numbers on flagged counters are corps’ movement ratings, numbers on plain counters are garrisons. Markers with the supply counters are depots.

We assume that depots on city spaces are inside the city, correct? And how do we determine if corp on a city space are part of the garrison or outside its walls?

Pius%20VII%20Small

7.2.1 DEPOT IN A FRIENDLY CITY AREA: A new depot may be placed in an area containing a friendly controlled unbesieged city, in that major power’s territory.

7.2.2 * DEPOT INSIDE A FRIENDLY PORT OR IN A PORT AREA: Even if not itself a supply source or part of an overland supply chain, a new depot may be placed in an area containing an unblockaded friendly controlled port, provided there exists a friendly unblockaded sea supply source (see 7.4.3) to the port.

7.2.2.1: If such a port is besieged, then the depot is placed in the port city itself. This is the only case where the depot is considered to be in a city rather than in the surrounding area.

7.2.2.2: Another, enemy depot could also be placed in the port city’s area while a depot is also in the port city itself. This is the only case where two depots may be located in the same area (actually, one in the city and one in the area).

—Source: EiA 3.11 Rules for Medecine Politique

1. (Implicit/Explicit Garrisons) Implicit Garrisons work like this: If a corps is in an area with a city with no enemy present, there is no distinction made between the corps being in the city or outside the city; it is all the same area. There must be a detached garrison to fire any port guns (i.e. infantry factors detached as city garrisons), and depots can only be burned if they have a garrison (detached factors) of their own. If a friendly corps is in an area that also has a friendly depot (with no specific garrison) present, when an enemy corps enters and a field battle is fought, the enemy garrison can seize the depot only if they win the battle. The friendly side could only burn the depot if they had a specific garrison for it present. But, the presence of a friendly corps prevents the enemy corps from seizing the depot without a fight. Explicit garrisons, a corps is noted as being present in either the land area or the city within a land area, even without enemy corps being present. (Explicit/Implicit)

Answer – Implicit.

1. (Withdrawal into a City) When must a defending corps announce whether it is inside or outside a city? “Immediately” when the first enemy corps enters the hex; or can a corps retire later when subsequent enemy corps enter? Or, is the decision made in the combat phase? (Immediately/Combat Phase)

Answer – This decision is made when the first enemy corps enters the area.

—Source: A Moderated Pre-Ruling list for Médecine Politique

Gratias Tibi,

Et Historicus, Moderator est DIsceptator

Turkey has completed her Land (and Naval) Setup

1.) Join the game as your country (you’ll be given the option of various…Prussia, choose Prussia, please…for example).

2.) There is a right click option on the Corps (called “Mask”) to flip them to their “Identity hidden” side. Please remember to do that after placement.

3.) When done, send me your Military Information sheet (in a zip file at that dropbox link in the initial post). I’ll need that as well as your Vassal Save file before I make the next country’s dispositions of Corps, garrisons and fleets public.

ALSO - 4.) for those countries with Minor Garrisons, note that there is a “Change Value” right click function, that lets you apply to that Garrison it’s nationality.

—Next up is Austria (@Matt_W ). On Deck is Prussia (@Cuthbert).

General Exposition

Austria has completed her Land Setup

ALSO - 4.) for those countries with Minor Garrisons, note that there is a “Change Value” right click function, that lets you apply to that Garrison it’s nationality.

—Next up is Prussia (@Cuthbert ). On Deck is Great Britain (@Kolbex) .

General Exposition

Prussia has completed her Land Setup

2.) And…oh, blah blah blah, read the previous post

—Next up is Great Britain (@Kolbex) . On Deck is Espana (@Mark_Weston).

General Exposition

Ruritanian peasant: “I have a bad feeling about all this.”