Médecine Politique: A Qt3 Empires in Arms PBF Game

Doh, I somehow missed that.

And you’re right, it should have been obvious. That’s the power of wishful thinking for you! “Hey, the Spanish economy isn’t as terrible as I thought; I can buy everything I want after all”

Yours is a 16 point shift. Mine was an 80 point shift! Hard to miss…

Among L’Emperor’s lesser known accomplishments was the invention of le humblebrag ;)

More like acknowledgement on how expensive the winter wars were.

March, 1805

Economic Phase Errors

Spain (@Mark_Weston, who has mentioned it and is redoing his), Turkey (@Panzeh) and Russia (@MiquelRamirez) have made errors in their Economic Sheets. The Supply costs must be entered as negative numbers for each month ("-3" for example). Please redo your sheets and submit them soonest. As well, Russia must levy or not levy cossacks. We wait.

Gratias Tibi,

Et Historicus, Moderator est DIsceptator

The revised worksheet has been sent. I don’t think I’m eligible for any other actions in this phase.

Besides, more important matters demand attention. The Red Legged Partridge is nearly out of season. His Majesty’s hounds await!

Will check this asap, well spotted @Mark_Weston

March, 1805

Economic Phase Ends, Mach 1805 Ends

Russia will inform me soonest where its Cossack will be placed.

Gratias Tibi,

April, 1805

We now begin April, 1805

“Roll up that map; it will not be wanted these ten years.”

William Pitt the Younger (Upon seeing a map of Europe in January 1806 after hearing of the Battle of Austerlitz).

Political Phase

This Phase proceeds as below:

A. The Diplomacy Step.

B. The Declarations of War Step.

C. The Call to Allies Step. The order of calling is determined by competitive die rolls.

D. The Peace Step. Peace term selection order is determined by the order the major powers went to war.

E. The Creating Alliances Step.

F. The Minor Country Control Step. Setup in the order: France,

Russia, Turkey, Austria, Prussia, Great Britain, Spain.

G. The Breaking Alliances Step.

H. The Free State Declaration Step.

I. The Declaration of Combined Movement Step.

A. The Diplomacy Step. - This Step is completed.

All Major Powers please submit to me your Declarations of War or a statement to the effect that you have none by 1700 EST March 13, 2019

As well, if anyone needs a delay for Diplomacy, please let me know.

Gratias Tibi,

I only have statements from: France, Spain and Prussia. I need statements to the effect of who you are DoWing (or a statement to the effect that you are DoWing No One) from Everybody. We Wait.

Gratias Tibi,

April, 1805

Political Phase Continued

This Phase continues as below:

C. The Call to Allies Step. The order of calling is determined by competitive die rolls.

D. The Peace Step. Peace term selection order is determined by the order the major powers went to war.

E. The Creating Alliances Step.

F. The Minor Country Control Step. Setup in the order: France,

Russia, Turkey, Austria, Prussia, Great Britain, Spain.

G. The Breaking Alliances Step.

H. The Free State Declaration Step.

I. The Declaration of Combined Movement Step.

France (@Juan_Raigada) declares War on Hesse (-1 PP).

C. The Call to Allies Step.

Not Applicable this month.

D. The Peace Step.

Do Great Britain (@Kolbex), Austria (@Matt_W) or France wish to sue for Peace? Please say yes or no here in thread.

L’ambassadeur de l’exposition

France will not sue for peace.

Not that we don’t WANT peace, but it’s for others to bring that about. Things are going pretty much L’Empereur’s way right now, and we did not start this war.

We will not bow before the ogre.

(no to peace)

I Francis I, Emperor of Austria will bow before the might of L’Empereur. I submit my request for peace with France with all humility and hope that seeing the Emperor of German states on his knees in supplication will convince His Excellency Napoleon to be clement with his terms.

France demands an unconditional surrender.

Clemency is virtuous, but so is righteousness.

I think “righteousness is virtuous” is somewhat of a tautology…

We are French speakers!

A wise man once said “Il n’y a que deux puissances dans le monde, le sabre et l’esprit. A la longue, le sabre est toujours battu par l’esprit.”

Austria will place no conditions on peace.

April, 1805

Political Phase Continued

D. The Peace Step - Austrian Surrender

France (@Juan_Raigada) , please post your terms.

L’ambassadeur de l’exposition

Austria engaged in this war, hoping the coalition with England and Prussia would be enough to hurt the mighty, peaceful French Empire. But peace is won, not given, and France was willing to win hers.

Now two of the British allies have bent their knee. They have done the dirty work for a Great Britain that has not done much other than posturing.

Our terms will make sure Austria thinks more carefully the next time the British approach them.

C.1a - Austria loses 6 random corps. Factors in the corps are lost.
C.3 - Austria pays war reparations. Either 66 next economic phase or 44 each of the 2 next economic phases (Austria chooses).
C.4 - Austria gives control of Venetia and Romagna to France (Venetia becomes conquered. Romagna, being part of the Cisalpine Republic, rejoins it). Austria cedes Bohemia to France