Medieval Dynasty... looks incredible

Not sure how I missed this, but Steam made the suggestion, and reading overwhelmingly positive reviews it looks amazing.

Yeah that definitely looks like one I’ll be checking out at some point. That sounds very much like the type of game I could absolutely love.

I’ll leave this here:

Oddly, that did nothing to dissuade me from wanting to play it.

It’s not supposed to really, that guy’s schtick is to break every game in the most over the top manner he can. Some of the crap he builds and or exploits is pretty awe inspiring. This one he spent less time breaking and more time just poking fun at it, which was less interesting.

Yeah, it was obvious that a lot of stuff he was intentionally fuckin’ about. I’ll probably poke around for a more “legit” Let’s Play type video to get a better feel for where they are right now.

That said, I’m pretty sure that this is a game I would ultimately enjoy, though I may let it bake a little more. Plus, I’m not really buying “me” stuff until we’re done with the kids’ Christmas shopping. :-)

Yeah, I like that guy’s channel. He used to be one more “normal” Youtuber until he found his schtick: breaking games in stupid ways.

That video was god damned hilarious.

bwhahha, that was a funny video…just wait for the last part.

I got this when it first came out and played it a couple hours just to see what it was like. I don’t wanna play a whole lot more because I don’t want to OD on it before it comes out of early release. But it’s a beautiful game and it runs pretty well. Seemed really in good shape for an early access title.

This game is one of my favorite Early Access games I’ve played. It’s pretty far along, very stable, and very fun. I love the concept of building up an entire village from nothing. Next update brings mounts, which satisfies one of my only gripes (minor) that running around can get tedious. If you enjoyed the building and crafting parts of Conan Exiles, this is very similar. Then add the elements of having to recruit villagers, and raise livestock, farm, develop an economy. So good.

I’ve been watching this game and, if I’m not mistaken, these folks are also working on something like a Wild West or Old West Dynasty, which I’m hugely interested in. I really loved that part of the game in Red Dead Redemption 2 so if they can pull off something similar, I’m down.

This game looks really neat. I think I’ll jump in once the mounts update is live.

The game is $10 off at epic with the coupon right now.

Picked this up with an Epic coupon and really enjoying it at the moment. Restarted a few times after learning lessons on placement of initial site, taxes and the length of the days/seasons (not enough time to get stuff done). The game is gorgeous and atmospheric and the forests during nighttime really creep you out. Just went through my first winter and the crunching snow and landscape change is fantastic.

Hunting once you get a bow is super enjoyable and the building is just enough busy work without being annoying. The only downside at the moment is the whole dealing with people you want to get to join you, especially the flirting for a wife.

Yeah, the flirting bit isn’t especially fun. Landing a wife is quite tenuous.

I played quite a bit, got a decent little village built up with a handful of villagers. It’s not SUPER easy to earn enough every year to pay taxes – at least, not that I’ve figured out yet – but I’m managing. Getting to the point that things are feeling a bit…same-ish. I moved on for the time being, but I’ll revisit after an update or two.

Have they talked at all about a release date? Or is this one of those games that will iterate slowly over time ala Rimworld?

So far, it seems to be the latter, but I don’t know anything for sure. I actually haven’t followed news too closely since I bought it.

The version number showing is 0.5.1.1 so not sure how much of an indication that is. But no release date announcement has been made from what I can see.

I can imagine that after you’ve built everything and have your village established that it could become boring. I would expect future updates to introduce bandits or inter village raids, or even full blown conquest options to liven up the later game.

Was surprised this turned up on Gamepass, I can’t imagine they were desperate for money given the number of reviews on Steam.

Free easy money with fantastic exposure? Why not do it?