Medieval Dynasty... looks incredible

Seems to be betting against themselves, but I suppose if sales had tailed off on Steam it makes sense.

Without knowing the terms of their deal, neither you or I know enough to draw any conclusions, or even speculate for that matter.

People speculate about things they are clueless about on this forum all the time, what’s the problem with this specific occasion.

Has content come along any farther in the last 2-3 months? It’s been a bit since I played, but it was starting to kinda drag, as much as I love the idea and really enjoyed the early game.

I was wondering the same thing.

It has a little, but not enough to jump back in yet. I’d give it another few updates. I definitely like where they are going.

Roger that. I snagged it on a deal awhile back and went through some of the initial stuff. Probably 5 years or so? Had a decent village building up and was doing some regular mining, and there were plenty of things I hadn’t researched yet, but…it was becoming less compelling to keep going.

Will definitely check back in soon though.

So this out out of EA today. Does anyone have any impressions?

Another game without a final goal or a victory screen : \ Can’t do. Let me at least build a rocket to get off the planet.

That would be an awesome end-goal in Medieval Dynasty :-D

I played it a bunch some months ago as I’m a sucker for these types of games. It definately needed lots more content and QoL improvements. I’m surprised it’s getting out of EA so soon.

For a QoL example, when you place a house if you want to upgrade the materials you need to adjust each wall and roof section individually. At least when I played there was no was to just say same whole thing but in stone. That was kinda tedious.

I don’t disagree with you but can you cite a game that does it this way? I’m thinking about Icarus where you have to not only upgrade each section individually but you need to demolish the panel you’re upgrading first before you put the new one in.

It works (or worked) that way for both the initial build and upgrade of existing structures. You couldn’t just place a stone house, you needed to place a default wicker one and change out each piece.

That was my immediate thought when I got the notification today. I was watching someone play on Youtube only a few months ago and it looked like it had at least a year of development left.

I want it but I’m definitely not jumping in yet.

I’m really sick of this too.

Personally, I LOVE these kind of games. I have over 400 hours in Conan, a game with no goal, a few hundred hours in Minecraft as well, and I will have hundreds of hours in this as well.

So - Not all games have to be for everyone.

Saw this tonight, they are marketing a digital “Official Guide” for the game. For $15 additional smackers. And a cookbook which is $5 more. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

This is not a new way for devs to drum up ways for fans to support the game without resorting to in-game micro transactions- even Skyrim has a digital cook book. This is not worth giving a second thought to, other than if you want to support tje game.

I’ve looked at the videos on this a bit, and I am a bit unclear. I see “chapters” – like “Into the Wilderness” – and numbered missions. Which implies “story on rails.”

But discussions make it sound very open world, choose your own direction, as long as you pay your taxes and provide for necessities of life.

For those who have played it quite a bit, which does it seem to be?

The chapters form a kind of “on rails” introduction and tutorial. How to build a house, how to hunt, etc. etc.

At any point you can ignore and go off and do whatever you want, you won’t progress the story but you’ll level up skills, open new buildings and get new equipment. You could build an entire village without progressing far in the story if you wanted. Best of both worlds I suppose.