Mega Man 9 Boxart deserves its own thread

Dr. Wily is scary as hell.

Exactly how I always pictured the sprites in my head.

That’s a MegaBulge in MegaMan’s MegaShorts. And Dr. Wily is eyeing it, if I’m not mistaken.

I can’t believe the lenght that US editors went through to conceal the anime origins of 8-bit console games.

Dear Capcom: That is awesome. I knew they wanted a true 8-Bit homage, but they really went that extra mile.

-Julian

Is that a fruit fucker from penny arcade running up from the background?

Actually, that’s really sweet.

I don’t understand why someone would need a gun when their left arm is an energy cannon :)

I really can’t wait to play Mega Man 9, from the impressions on 1up it looks to be a challenge similar to the 2nd one.

Best of E3 right here.

What I want to know is why this thread provoked an ABBA banner ad from the context-sensitive advertising system.

Dude! Ultrasound graphics synthesis! 8-bit Fidelity Engine!

Was there any announcement at E3 when this will be released? And will it be available on each platform at the same time?

I’m pretty sure this is one of the 75 exclusives for the PS3.

Haha, that makes me chuckle about the old days when the art department had no fucking clue what the game was about.

Let’s give him a pistol.

I’ve been skimming Jeremy Parish’s coverage and I think he said it’s going to be on all three.

Well, it would make more sense if, instead of being able to swap out his energy cannon for a magnet gun and change colors in the heat of battle, he just held the magnet gun in his left hand. Although being able to use both at the same time would be totally OP.

It’s sending out an SOS.

According to Wikipedia, this is going to be an XBLA/WiiWare/PSN game. That would suggest there will be no box per se, which is very sad. If it’s somehow available at retail as well, I’ll probably go for a physical copy.