Mel Gibson charged with DUI

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5226204.stm

Hollywood actor and director Mel Gibson has been charged with drink-driving after being arrested in California. The Oscar-winner, 50, was stopped while speeding on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, early on Friday, a police spokesman said.

Gibson reportedly failed a breath test. He was charged on suspicion of driving under the influence and freed on bail.

I guess Jesus can’t save you from doing stupid things!

He can, but Gibson was obviously not driving fast enough.

“The Passion?” More like ‘The Crashin,’ am I right?!

What do you get for speeding while under the influence in California? Hopefully something with spikes on it.

Don’t forget the Jew-hating angle

“F[uckin]g Jews. The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world,”

And if you don’t believe it, just check this notebook from the movie Se7en: http://cdn.digitalcity.com/tmz_documents/gibson_wm_docs_072806.pdf

I was laughing the whole time I read that… but now I’m starting to wonder if it might be true. The rest of the site looks somewhat legit, though it wouldn’t surprise me to see an article about twin aliens giving birth to Elvis.

Aw, I thought you were the cop who pulled him over. :)

If there is a God, as soon as he made bail he bellowed “FREEEEEEEDOM!”

Tore the veil in the temple mount too! Nudies 4eva!

That is going to be one sweet videotape. Not just the jew stuff, but the “You’re going to regret you ever did this to me!”

The Smoking Gun has gotten lax lately. They don’t have this. They don’t even have the Rob Van Dam and Sabu mug shots, and that shit happened weeks ago.

“If it’s all the same to you, I’ll drive that tankah”

You guys have special glasses to decode that text in that .pdf? I can’t even read that shit.

They don’t even have the Rob Van Dam and Sabu mug shots, and that shit happened weeks ago.

Who? What?

They’re gonna have to FOIA it. The sherrif’s department decided not to release the documents.

Mel’s apologia.
Summary: Please forget that old saying in vino veritas.

So… does anyone have any insight as to whether this story was actually true?

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/439046p-369834c.html

What does it matter? Rich celebrities never face the consequences of their actions.

Sounds like it based on Gibson’s statment- he doesn’t deny anything and admits to being beligerant and saying things that “he doesn’t believe” or something to that effect.

I don’t think the DUI really hurts him, but those comments he made after his arrest could very well be the end of his career.

Lol, right. After all the money he made on Passion of the Christ, he can pretty well finance his own damn career.

I remember how Gibson tried so hard to distance himself from his Jew-hating father when “Passion” was about to come out. In case there was any doubt after seeing that piece of garbage, this incident clearly demonstrates that Mel’s just a chip off the ol’ block.

“I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable. I am deeply ashamed of everything I said and I apologize to anyone who I have offended.”

He doesn’t believe the things he said. He knows full well that the woman’s tits were in fact NOT made of sugar.