Men in Black International

The cast for one thing. And my hope they take an fun premise and make a fun movie. Now, I haven’t seen the earlier MIBs in ages due to not really enjoying them. I recall them being rather boring for what should have a crazy, funny, actiony, sci-fi series of films. I do think I liked the second one better, but would have to revisit them to be sure.

MiB: All the good jokes were in the previews. So when I finally saw the full movie, it was disappointing not to see any new jokes in the full movie.

MiB 2: Lots of jokes that weren’t in the previews! So I enjoyed it a lot more.

MiB 3: I saw it in the era where I avoided all previews, so this was just delightful beginning to end.

What about this cast do you like better than the previous entries in the series? I thought the original cast was hilarious. Certainly with better comedic chops than Chris Hemsworth at any rate.

And you might be the only one I’ve ever seen that has thought Men in Black 2 was better than the original. It was pretty much universally panned as I recall. What about it did you find more entertaining than its predecessor?

And having just watched the original again last night I can’t understand anybody finding it “boring”. It’s pretty off the wall from start to finish. I certainly don’t see anything in the trailer for the upcoming sequel that leads me to believe it will be much different formulaically?

Now I haven’t seen them in ages. Probably at least 10 years. But the sum of their parts just never equaled a whole to me. I do think I enjoyed the second one but not enough rewatch it over the years. Not sure I ever bothered with the third. Perhaps I should give them another try.

And I think Hemswoth has great comedic chops.

Speaking of Hemsworth I think they made a mistake putting Hemsworth in the female Ghoster Busters flick because he stole the show from them.

I think Hemsworth and Thompson had fantastic chemistry in Thor. Sold already just based on that combination again.

Another copy other people plot… mmm. We’ll see.

Oh snap, that’s a vicious headline:

So the idea of “Hey they were great in Thor: Ragnarok, lets try that again!” doesn’t work out.

Sounds like the chemistry is still there, but that the film doesn’t give the characters time to breathe.

Pity. Was hoping for more extra-terrestial shenanigans, but seems like this is another franchise run into the ground.

Went and saw this today. Not sure why it’s getting such average reviews. Hemsworth and Thomson are great together. This one is now my favorite of the series (which isn’t hard as only the first movie was really any good).

Don’t let the negative reviews deter you. If you enjoyed the first MiB and enjoyed the two in Ragnarok, you should go see this.

Well MIB managed only $28.5 mil this weekend. That’s not good at all. On RT it got ripped by critics coming in at 24 and with viewers its running at a tepid 67. Basically it’s being call very formulamatic and that Hemsworth and Thompson spend more time fight a boring plot than they do aliens. I’ll probably wait for the video.

That makes me sad. I mean the movie had freaking Liam Neeson in it. How could it not do well.

Liam is going to go over to RT and kick everyone’s ass.

I don’t know who you are. I don’t know why you downvoted. If you did it for laughs, I can tell you I don’t have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you pull your downvote now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Still my preferred response to Internet shit posters:

Is that…is that supposed to be some kind of slam dunk? He’s been in some good stuff, but the guy is practically at Michael Caine levels of sure-I’ll-be-in-that-fuck-it-ness

I mean, he practically carried Daddy’s Home 2!

Indeed, that sounds far too kind.

The plot managed to be both totally incoherent and utterly predictable, which takes some doing. The only bold choice there was the penultimate scene, which was then totally undermined by the final scene. The special effects did absolutely nothing for me, except for the fight choreography of the three-armed alien. The whole cast is just phoning it in, which is understandable since the script gives them nothing to work with.