Metal Gear Survive - Co-op zombie shooter

I guess I’m the only one who got this? Game is decent, a mix between RE Revelation meets 7 Days to Die… very lite camp building compared to 7 Days imo. Its definitely worth it for under 30, which I got it for on GMG. I like how the tower defense seems to be balance within the solo / coop modes early on… the last waves always seem to be a nailbiter for me. As well the combat has a meaty feel to it. As well the time system also has a little bit of Dead Rising 1 and 2… having to save people and open up portals mechanic.

Oh well, I thought it would be average… its actually really addicting and fun! Survival and tower defense works well. Does use too much of same assets from MGSV though. likely will be DLC’d to death.

I picked this up too, but haven’t had a chance to try it yet. Hoping to dive in in the next couple of days.

Glad to hear of your positive first impressions!

I’ll try it this evening. In the meantime, some people found this in the EULA:

Is this a new thing? How do you define “relationship”? Hm. I can quickly see this turning into a P&R trap.

Can love bloom on the battlefield?

Not if Konami has anything to say about it.

So it think the game is a lot of fun, in a recycled, slightly underwhelming kind of way. You progressively extend your area of influence with new items, quest rewards, home base buildings and team members, so the feeling of going just a little bit farther to get one more thing is always there. You can never go very far into the mist, though, because the threat of running out of oxygen or getting mobbed to death is always there too.

I even liked the opening cinematic. It’s all about the aftermath of the battle. While others run off to other adventures, for you it’s funerals. It does make you feel like the underdog.

So yeah, I’m enjoying this game so much more than expected. I’m probably going to stream some more in a bit. If anyone in this thread wants to play, I’m McMaster on steam - image - feel free to add me. I have Discord or whatever for comms, if we need it.

Just think of them as glowing party hats. They can be taken much more seriously as enemies if you think of it that way.

Wanderers HATE him! Learn this one simple trick…

The coop game is fun, its alot like playing coop tower defense games like Sanctum, Orcs must Die and Dungeon Defenders. The combat is the best part, but the controls take time getting used to. Melee can be a great ammo saver, but be sure you get your timing right!

As a solo game, I’d say its a little on par with something like State of Decay but with less location variety, but better combat. The game has a good feel once you get the hang of it. And the balance between guns/melee is spot on. State of Decay was the last game to do it right with Dying Light right behind it.

I wish I was home playing this right now!

Definitely an odd decision but it is probably based on a long-running precedent with the series. The Metal Gear Online modes used to charge the same amount for a new character slot going back to the PS2 days.

The save game slot charge is stupid but it is not that outrageous considering you really don’t need more than one character, unless you want to play another character. The only charge that IS annoying is the one for charging for extra teams in base mode to scavenge. But even then, one is enough since having multiple teams would kind of upset the balance.

All the crying about the game is stupid… DLC has been WORSE in alot of games… even MGS V had these stupid things, and it doesnt ruin the game. The only issue is longevity for fans who WANT to grind loot. The loot grind is near perfect so far for me. As well loadout for playing is integral to how you manage resources. You might have the best shotgun/handgun/turret blueprints but it still needs precious ammo. Get good at melee and learn how to use the different abilities for each melee class. The melee combat timing is Dark Soulish.

Also more advice for new starters… save a few potatoes, onions, tomatoes and corn for later… it’ll save you a few hours. And also, like some JRPG;s… if you play the story some things get unlocked naturally whcih make reaching certain areas a helluva lot easier… ie. you don’t really have to grind levels in this game… and playing coop speeds up leveling as well. or you can solo it once you have your resources balanced (but coop makes it SO much easier).

Finished this game. Found it actually quite fun. I am aware that people on the internet have a hate boner with this game, but thats not enough to ruin my fun.

I like the story and the combat. Feels somewhat like a black and gray “Horizont Zero Dawn”.
The game expand later in the game, kind of like MGS-V. You get base management, different type of gear and defenses.

Throfies

Pretty big update today.

• Rescue multiplayer missions added
  • First “event” that gives points and rewards for doing rescue missions
  • Base size can be increased further
  • New base digs
  • You can now upgrade legendary items and craft epic items
  • Daily/weekly missions with bosses in them

New month, new patch for April

• Special event with a bunch of skins from MGS3
  • Extreme mode that’s crazy hard
  • Items drops/team members seem to have risen in quality
  • Some new epic and base building items

Haha, I wrote a review for the game giving it 3/5 on Gamefaqs and it got featured on the main page (god knows why). My review instantly got a bunch of angry negative comments, and a few positive ones. I guess the idea of the game even getting a middling review is painful for some.

This one?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/194668-metal-gear-survive/reviews/166362

I don’t see the comments. Are they on another page?

Ah well, the comments themselves are private, but my objectivity was called into question and I’m told I’m on drugs. I mean, Tom got some much worse crap on this site, but I found it mildly interesting considering 3/5 is nothing more than “hey, it’s okay”.