Metro Exodus may ruin the bullet economy

This happened to me, but only once so far.

Here is my hot take.

To sum up, this is also what I was hoping for, it’s a really fun shooter with shades of Doom and Wolfenstein as well as a bit of the exploration, side quests, and interactive bits that something like a Far Cry has, all while being in a much richer world space.

I mentioned before but I really like the gameplay loop - in that, you get to a new area, and have a big map to explore. But while it’s not crazy big, it’s big enough to feel right and it’s packed full of stuff to reward exploration, from materials to weapon mods and upgrades to your armor/suit such as motion detectors, night vision goggles, and the like.

It’s a pretty game, with a really nice day and night cycle that combines well with the world. At night, human enemies are sleeping for the most part, save a few sentries, but the mutants and creature populations are more prominent, and in at least the early area, lightning balls can form randomly and wreak havoc at night. During the day, it’s a bit safer to travel, except for bandits and such. There are, peppered through the first map at least, safe houses where you can work shop and craft more ammo and rest to change the time of day, as well.

The reactivity of the game hasn’t been talked about much but it’s blowing my damned mind. Walking up to some villagers that believe electricity is a sin at night, and they complimented me for not having a “demon flash light” turned on, and thanked me for having my weapon holstered. I’ve been complimented on things I’ve done elsewhere, optional stuff even, from not killing my enemies to how I completed a quest, or if I talked to a specific person. It’s really impressing the hell out of me, and it seems to happen fairly often.

Only the one bug (above) so far, visuals have been out-freaking-standing while the tech runs like butter even on my “aging” hardware (I’m glad I didn’t invest in upgrading my PC last year like I was thinking, there was literally no need if I can run Exodus at Extreme 1440p @60fps, in my book), and every time I sit down to play something, I find I am launching this one more and more often than any other game I’m into.

On a side note, I read that playing with the native Russian voice work and English subtitles is a really immersive experience. I’m not finding that option anywhere, so if anyone knows how to pull that off I’d be up for trying it.