Metro Exodus may ruin the bullet economy

The first DLC’s about to be revealed.

The Two Colonels DLC was revealed today, apparently, and will feature a flamethrower. And it’s out tomorrow, August 20. Surprise!

Trailer:

So I guess this will be again linear interior based affair?

I guess it makes sense, but after the open maps of Exodus I am not gonna be in a hurry to get back into the tunnels.

Season Pass is up on Steam now.

Also the new dlc is sold separately if your not into season passes.

It would make sense because a pair of linear levels are less work-intensive that a big open world area that also includes some dungeons.

So this is for those people who grabbed it before it left steam? I guess Epic didn’t pay for the DLCs’ exclusivity?

Ha, I can purchase the DLC on Steam but not the base game!

It’s a Gamepass game.

I’ve been playing this thanks to gamepass, it’s my first metro game and I was enjoying it. It took me a while to get used to the mute main character, I thought it was a bug at first because some of the other characters voices were inaudible if you weren’t facing them head on. But I later learned he just doesn’t speak. I don’t get why the game devs have others ask him questions if he’s never going to say a word, but no big deal.

What is a big deal is that all the armor upgrades I found have vanished, so I’m stuck with the basic helm with the worst filters, body armor that can carry hardly any ammo etc. It’s irritated me enough that I think I’m done with it, so back to the underground with you Metro your time on the surface has come to an end.

Seems thats a bug from about a month ago, still not fixed.

Does the GamePass/Xbox/UWP one not include the benchmark tool?

Damn I can’t seem to play an hour without this crashing. Bloop, just disappears.

It’s a shame because this one has made the best first impression out of the 3 Metro games. I am really enjoying it so far.

Update all your system drivers, and look in the event log to see if there is a clue to why it might be crashing.

Also, try to delete and re-download/install the game (or check integrity, I can’t remember if EPIC has that feature)?

Thanks Scott. I updated my NVidia drivers after the first crash, so I’m good there. The event log only has an entry saying one of the Exodus modules had a fault.

I was playing on DX12, so I switched that to DX11. There was a different game I was playing that crashed with DX12, so hopefully using 11 will help.

I’m playing on MS Game Pass.

I’ll try again after I get in some cardio.

I find DX12 to be pretty unstable in every game I’ve tried it in so far. I cannot think of a single time DX12 worked better than DX11. Hell, just a month ago I was playing Dues Ex Mankind Divided and started in DX12 and it crashed if I turned around from my save point and walked a few feet. Every time. I put it on DX11 - no more crashes, after 12-15 hours of play. As far as I know, Total War Warhammer 2 still considers DX12 to be “beta”.

Fuck DX12.

Metro on Xbox PC GamePass feels like it was shat out to die with zero support for it. I could never get it to run more than once after a clean wipe of Win10 x64. The EGS version runs fine with exact same system and drivers etc. The wrapper or file obfuscation they put around the UWP apps really fuck with some.

DX12 The Division 2 is one of the few games where DX12 is faster and no less stable.

I found that Metro crashed all the time when I first started playing in in XBox PC Beta

Of course the fact that I had a stick of RAM not fully inserted into its socket might have had something to do with that

I think this is my favorite Metro game. I liked the others OK, but this one just pulls me in more. I hated being in the subway for so much of the game. I like these characters, or how these characters are in this game. I’ve enjoyed the people you meet in the game world. I find the plot more interesting.

I’ve never thought the action is that great in the Metro games, partially due to them never really running that great. Exodus has severe slow down the more I play it, to the point I need to close it down and restart it.

The dialog you hear between other people is well done, but two often there are other sounds or conversations going on that interfere with being able to listen.

And done. This definitely kept me more interested than the rest of the Metro games…even though the last area was the worst by a large margin for me. The enemies in that last area were the least fun, to the point of they were not fun at all. That area dragged on for too long too. Luckily the atmosphere carried me through the end game.