Metro Exodus may ruin the bullet economy

Update all your system drivers, and look in the event log to see if there is a clue to why it might be crashing.

Also, try to delete and re-download/install the game (or check integrity, I can’t remember if EPIC has that feature)?

Thanks Scott. I updated my NVidia drivers after the first crash, so I’m good there. The event log only has an entry saying one of the Exodus modules had a fault.

I was playing on DX12, so I switched that to DX11. There was a different game I was playing that crashed with DX12, so hopefully using 11 will help.

I’m playing on MS Game Pass.

I’ll try again after I get in some cardio.

I find DX12 to be pretty unstable in every game I’ve tried it in so far. I cannot think of a single time DX12 worked better than DX11. Hell, just a month ago I was playing Dues Ex Mankind Divided and started in DX12 and it crashed if I turned around from my save point and walked a few feet. Every time. I put it on DX11 - no more crashes, after 12-15 hours of play. As far as I know, Total War Warhammer 2 still considers DX12 to be “beta”.

Fuck DX12.

Metro on Xbox PC GamePass feels like it was shat out to die with zero support for it. I could never get it to run more than once after a clean wipe of Win10 x64. The EGS version runs fine with exact same system and drivers etc. The wrapper or file obfuscation they put around the UWP apps really fuck with some.

DX12 The Division 2 is one of the few games where DX12 is faster and no less stable.

I found that Metro crashed all the time when I first started playing in in XBox PC Beta

Of course the fact that I had a stick of RAM not fully inserted into its socket might have had something to do with that

I think this is my favorite Metro game. I liked the others OK, but this one just pulls me in more. I hated being in the subway for so much of the game. I like these characters, or how these characters are in this game. I’ve enjoyed the people you meet in the game world. I find the plot more interesting.

I’ve never thought the action is that great in the Metro games, partially due to them never really running that great. Exodus has severe slow down the more I play it, to the point I need to close it down and restart it.

The dialog you hear between other people is well done, but two often there are other sounds or conversations going on that interfere with being able to listen.

And done. This definitely kept me more interested than the rest of the Metro games…even though the last area was the worst by a large margin for me. The enemies in that last area were the least fun, to the point of they were not fun at all. That area dragged on for too long too. Luckily the atmosphere carried me through the end game.

This was almost a year ago. Time flies. So it’s coming back to Steam next week.

Be interesting to see how they price it, so far the all time low is 67% off. :)
Or you know… free with gamepass. :)

Yeah, that is going to be very interesting. I won’t buy the game unless there is a significant discount. If there’s not one at release, then I’ll just wait until there is - I’ve waited this long and the bloom is off the rose, so I am not in any urgent mood to get the game right now.

I don’t see why they should sell it cheaper on Steam than other store fronts, such as Epic or the console versions. It’s $39.99 on EPIC right now, and physical copies are also $40 on Amazon, so I am certain it will be $40 on Steam, with perhaps a 10-15% “launch week” event sale.

Just picked it up for fourteen bucks (24 - 10 coupon). Can’t miss at that price.

I’ll consider buying this at 80% off or so.

Interested in the game, waiting for it to come to GOG without Denuvo.

For fourteen bucks, it’s a steal, for sure. And with RTX stuff, it’s gorgeous, definitely. It has a lot of the same sort of episodic feel, where gameplay is segments of relatively defined chunks of action, sort of like chapters, as the other games, at least at first. I have never read much about the lore–or paid much attention, really, to the in-game stories–but the reveal in the early minutes of the game was pretty cool.

Nor Steam now, unless you already preordered there.

Sam had a story and its out now for you to buy and play.

Well, the game is out on Steam now, 40% off for launch weekend. That’s pretty good, I think I will go ahead and pick it up at that price.

Ignore me , the damn link I used updated to the new price, lol. 40% isn’t bad, I see there are around 7k players on right now.