Metro Exodus may ruin the bullet economy

Interesting… searching for Metro Exodus on Steam now yields no results.

The page is still there if you have a direct link to it.

Whoa…

4A Games developer: If Metro Exodus does not sell on the PC, the next Metro will not come out for it.

“We’re going to release solely on the lowest userbase sector on the entire platform and then base whether we do another PC release on our sales.” Genius.

One of the first comments on that article sums it up nicely:

• Include Denuvo DRM at launch
  • Pull game from Steam to release on Epic store exclusively for money hats
  • Threaten PC gamers regarding sales quotas

And all from an IP that is one of the spiritual successors of STALKER. Sad.

Didn’t take long for meme images to appear after that developer comment.

haha that is pretty awesome :D

CD Projekt must have hired all the videogame public relations people in Europe and didn’t leave anyone for any other companies.

Well, I’m not going to play an FPS with a controller, so if this isn’t coming to PC that’s a sale they will just never make (I guess unless next gen consoles allow for keyboard/mouse play, LOL).

Well, this gen’s consoles allow for k+m play, so I imagine next gen will too.

I thought that was only for navigating main menus? You can play games with K+B in consoles?

EDIT: Ah, I see, it’s somewhat recently opened up for a select few titles on each console, but not all games support it.

The guy from 4A reaaaaaly misunderstands why people are annoyed.

This is funny, from resetera

• Make digital PC downloads of a game exclusive to a single store due to its competitors’ 30% cut
    -> Game sells poorly on PC
    -> Become exclusive to platforms where the only way to get digital downloads is from a single store… with a 30% cut.

galaxy brain

looool

https://i.imgur.com/oKmztYN.gif

Official response

The recent decision to move Metro Exodus from Steam to the Epic Game Store was made by Koch Media / Deep Silver alone.

The recent comments made by a member of the 4A Games development team do not reflect Deep Silver’s or 4A Games’ view on the future of the franchise. They do reflect the hurt and disappointment of a passionate individual who has seen what was previously nothing but positive goodwill towards his work turn to controversy due to a business decision he had no control over. We respectfully ask that any and all valid feedback over this decision is directed at Koch Media / Deep Silver, and not the developers at 4A Games.

The future release strategy of the Metro series lies with Koch Media / Deep Silver. Our decision to partner with Epic Games was based on the goal of investing in the future of the series and our development partner at 4A Games. We have every intention of continuing this franchise, and a PC version will always be at the heart of our plans.

Made me think of this.

Great gif!

Seriously what better series of events / news / developer responses could you want 2 weeks before your AAA game that has been in development for like 5-6 years finally releases.

Yep. It has been a comedy of errors. Well, more like tragedy of errors.

I’m sure one lone developer just woke up one morning and made this up, all by himself. I thought they didn’t need a lot of sales. They got paid to put it there, and they have some sort of unknown guarantee. Nothing to lose!

From which organization, the publisher? That’s my assumption based on the last paragraph. Was not clear until then.

Near as I can tell, this is all on the publisher (Deep Silver), who I assume got a mint from EPIC to pull out of Steam.

Yes, someone from Koch wrote that.

From GAF:

Ok new interview with developers at 4A. According to them they already knew about the exclusivity after E32018. That means that Deep Silver did open a Steam to pre-sell their game with knowing that they will pull it a few days before release. And this is fucking disgusting.

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/met…t-epic-games-store-exclusivity-until-e3-2018/