Metro Exodus may ruin the bullet economy

Dev’s did an AMA yesterday.

@Paul_cze did you ever get RTX working in the dlc?

Two Colonels is like 2 hours long. I finished it as it was, with RT enabled but seemingly not working. In Sam’s Story RT worked for GI (like in the main game) normally.

So the two DLCs were strong enough that you’d recommend the deluxe edition over the regular?

They have a 3rd dlc planned I think also.

And nope, no 3rd dlc , I wonder what game I was thinking of?

I recommend both DLCs if you enjoyed the main game, for sure.

Very much enjoying this game but I have a very strange problem. I got to the Caspian region, then to comms center, got through the storm where I had to put my mask on, then got the car. I need to do some repair before heading out so I went back to the train, and found that they had set up a base camp inside one of the buildings. I still had my mask on, and when I entered the building, I automatically took off my mask. But strangely, I couldn’t breathe - I died while trying to make some shotgun shells. I reloaded, then went back inside same thing happened, so I made my shells very quickly and got back outside and I still couldn’t breathe. No one else has their mask on either.

Well, I can wear a mask if needed so I went to find another workbench. Killed some slavers in a ship and found a workbench. But even though my mask is still on and there is no mask removal animation, my mask presumably comes off as I still can’t breathe. So again, any weapon modifications/crafting have to be done very quickly.

Anyone heard or run into this? This is very frustrating and in some ways makes the game unplayable. I have no idea what is going on or why the game is acting this way. This is one of the strangest bugs I’ve seen in a game. Anyone?

At this point I’m tempted to reload the level and see if it happens again or I can get past it.

Well, dammit, I am really screwed. I was going to go back and restart Caspian but the only chapters that show up are the Introduction and Moscow. Nothing for Volga, Yamantau or Caspian. That really pisses me off, I really don’t want virtually start the entire game over. This just really sucks all the way around.

That does suck. I hate it when stuff like that happens. Maybe put if down a for a while?

What’s weird is that I can find everything in my save folder:

Theres a “winter.player” file which would be the travel to Volga
A “bridge.player” file which I presume is Volga
A “spring.player” file which would be traveling to Yamantau
A “Yamantau.player” file which would be Yamantau
A “desert.player” file which would be Caspian

What is not in the file are the chapter saves I can see in the Main Menu:
Introduction
Moscow

If I can find where those are maybe I can move the above file to their location. That said, based upon my research, the first files I mentioned appear to be in the proper place. I have no idea what is going on.

Edit, for some reason the Chapter menu would nto scroll down far enough… I tried doing that earlier, duh, but it wouldn’t scroll. I just now tried again and it now worked. So at least I can start from the beginning of the level. Relief!

Ugh, not excited about entering an underground compound with spiders . . .

WTF!?! One of those flying demons picked me up OUT OF MY TRUCK through the open roof! Here I was checking my map and the next thing I knew I was being lifted up until I was finally dropped. That ticked me off, wasted a bunch of ammo but I finally shot him down I was so pissed!!!

Wait what?

That was a cool feature, but I sure as heck never noticed it.

… have to launch the game to check this.
Still haven’t finished Last Light, or replayed the first with the updated visuals… Re-Ducks?

Think I finished the book before the game actually. (really visually stunning, the book was)

I just started playing this thanks to game pass, and I loaded it up with Russian voices, although being a (bad) student of Japanese, I was tempted to select that as the voice option. Never even considered English. Anyway, during the first in-engine cutscene with other characters monologuing at you, I noticed the lips really seemed to be synching up with the Russian. That’s cool, I thought, but…what if…and I loaded up the same scene but with Japanese this time, and the lips seemed to synch up with it, too! Pretty damn cool, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in a game. Usually the lips just sort of flap around in an approximation of speech, or they match up well with one language but not really another.

I really like this game until I got to the Forest section. The game is a FPS but there, if you wanted to get the “good” ending, you have to play stealth almost all the way through, which really wasn’t all that much fun. Even knocking the enemy out counted against you - you had to totally avoid any combat. It would have been fine as a change of pace for one part of the area but virtually the whole area except for the bandit camp - it’s just a terrible idea and I bogged down about half way through because of this and never finished. Maybe one day I’ll grind through that but I don’t enjoy that section at all.

In the first Metro game I just played naturally. One can always view the happy ending on youtube afterward.

I am guessing you are talking about the area with the failing damn, that section of the story? I murdered everyone in the beginning until I made proper contact with the group. Then I stopped killing them. I got the good ending.

Slightly annoying the dlc is half off at both Epic and Steam but not Windows.

Hang on - the base game isn’t on Gamepass any more, so I would need to rebuy it somewhere to try the dlc? Hmm, that’s not goin to happen.

Just finished this, I really enjoyed the outdoor levels. And despised the tunnel levels. (Which is also why I played Metro 2033 for all of two hours.)

Holy shit the mute main character. Sooo dumb. But he talks in the loading screens! I really don’t get it, at all. They don’t have to go full RPG, just record even a dozen or so responses per level and it would have been enough for them to write around it without it being ridiculous, like it is with a mute protagonist. My favorite was when Anna or Miller would call me on the radio. What, do they really expect me to respond? I can’t! So dumb.