Microsoft buys Activision Blizzard

So apparently Microsoft’s plan is to use Activision and King’s mobile foothold to setup their own mobile store.

Apple’s not going to allow that, so I guess another store on android that people won’t use?

It has to be something different. Because:

The company seems to be laying the groundwork here by committing to a set of principles that would allow developers to freely run their own app stores on its Xbox mobile platform and offer their own payment systems to process in-app purchases.

I don’t know what the “Xbox mobile platform” is, but if it’s just a fancy name for a new Android app store, allowing “developers to run their own app stores” on it is just nonsense.

Microsoft is bringing Windows Phone back, only this time branded Windows Azure Xbox 11 Series M.

Neither, I was talking about games that are still in early access.

Sony is allowed to buy studios because they’re a small plucky company full of good guys that love and nurture their game studios. Microsoft isn’t allowed to buy studios because they’re big and evil and basically turn their game studios into Mordor.

Apparently Sony has blocked CoD from coming to GP “for a number of years.”

Guys

Microsoft Bad

Sony Good

You should be sued for this slander. Sony is magnificent.

There will also be a

Windows Azure Xbox 11 Series M PRO

version, no doubt.

So, do companies essentially have to get mergers approved by every individual country in the world?

I hadn’t really considered it until now.

Edit:
Ah, so apparently Sony actually paid Activision for an agreement that says they aren’t even allowed to put cod on gamepass for a number of years.

But I’m sure that’s cool, right? THAT isn’t anti competitive… Because it’s the good guys doing it, right?

I wondered the same. Like, if the US is fine with the merger, then can it just go through and then MS can’t operate in Europe or something?

And what would that even mean? Like, suddenly Europe can’t use Windows? Like… That obviously won’t work, right?

I feel like the UK has already shot themselves in the head with Brexit…

Will, Meta is selling Gify two years after they bought them specifically because the acquisition was blocked in the UK.

So I imagine there are markets where companies need to care about rulings like this.

Silent Hill 2 is a PS5 exclusive. Should we alert authorities to this injustice?

Honestly, if the result of this is that no games can be exclusive and are released on all platforms (I honestly have no idea how you could do that, since you are mandating developers spend money to port stuff), is be totally cool with that!

This whole “It always breaks.” is definitely a you problem. I do not see that sort of thing being talked about anywhere. I don’t know what it is about your home or your treatment of a console that causes this, but it’s absolutely rare. And saying anything you play is on Xbox is also a you thing because we all know there are exclusives you can’t play there.

This is also utter nonsense. People are playing Overwatch 2. It will take the place of the original. It already has. This is just silly posturing. Also “WoW on decline” is like “Nintendo is d0med”. Neither are true. Sorry.

Finally, again, this is all you. This is not happening. No one has come anywhere close to this kind of disruption and honestly, the only thing that could cause it is the game becoming an Xbox exclusive. If I was an Activision shareholder right now, I’d be telling them NOT to sell. It’s only going to marginalize everything they do. It’s a bad move, and if not for the bad publicity from Blizzard being a hive of scum and villainy, it wouldn’t have been considered.

WoW hasn’t declined? It’s still an ongoing concern and making a hefty amount of money, but I don’t think it’s inaccurate to say it’s declining. As is to be expected of any video game that 18 years old, I would think.

It seems weird that the environment would only cause the PS5 consoles to die, repeatedly, but not effect any of his other consoles.

People come and go from a live service game. They make it super easy to do so. One amazing expansion arrives and people come back.

I’m not a big fan of OW, but OW2 already hit 25 million players in less than 2 weeks… the most players a blizzard game has ever had on release… and its considered early access. OW2 id say is a massive success based on player numbers!