Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

I haven’t spent a lot of time with either, tbh. The Mooney was good but had some annoying quirks; there was an exterior noise that was getting on my nerves, and whether the gear went down when you pulled the lever seemed random. I’m sure the latter was my own fault, possibly I need to do something else first (like some planes require flaps down first) and I wasn’t doing it consistently.

The Piaggio is great for me in that it’s a steam gauge plane that goes really fast. 160-180 kt cruise speed is common (it’s incorrectly listed as 115 in the game). There’s a nice crunch when you touch down and great visibility. There’s a bunch of stuff in the cockpit - Cowlflap which I was reading as Cow Flap for a while) that I don’t know the use of and there are some idiosyncracies that will annoy more simmy people - I think you can open the canopy mid-flight and not crash, for example). But it’s great. I was flying through the desert blowing air on my face last night so maybe I’m easily pleased though.

It’s so good. Lord knows there are plenty of graphics issues also but when it comes together it is great. I was flying Skipper’s King Air earlier today and the sun hit the glass and showed up a bunch of fingerprints on the window, fantastic stuff.

Edit: @Skipper there’s a thread about the Piaggio over here, if you want to listen to the professionals instead ;)