Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

Jeff, we’re Xbox Live friends, so we should be friends as far as the sim goes. My Gamertag is Editer.

Yeah, if it’s not showing any settings, then you get to create your very own special custom jpinard control layout! They’ve been going back and adding support for older controllers lately – latest patch has some old CH stuff – but they have a ways to go. On the bright side, just programming the X, Y, rudder, throttle, and view functions doesn’t take long, and you can come back and add more esoteric functions as time allows.

Goddamn the MSFS patcher is the slowest POS ever. It’s gonna take all night to update goddamn like 8 GB.

I’m - surprise! - Mellified . I haven’t had a chance to play much with our COVID quarantine pod staying with us this month. Hoping to get more time in through the rest of the year.

Jeff I’m QT3 Skipper, amazingly. We were already friends it looks like but I added @Editer and @Mellified. I haven’t been on XBL for years so my friends list seems light for current QT3 folks.

That being said, I’m honestly not sure how you fly with friends in this game? I know a couple of you have joined in the fun with MS flights. So you see them online and just fly nearby?

Within the game itself it says I have no friends. Does the developer server have a different friends list than xboxlive?

Xbox has the notion of “followers” and “friends”. Basically if someone adds you as a friend then they are just “following” you. In order to become “friends” you need to “friend” them back.

If the developer server runs on the Development version of Xbox Live then it is an entirely separate infrastructure which most of us don’t have access to use.

I saw you earlier but not online as jpinard. You might want to check to see if you have multiplayer enabled, that may be why?

Nice job! Improves the strip greatly and the area looks really nice - I must add it to my list of places to explore.

Some before and afters…

And these are just Afters, not comparisons…

I had a bit of a brainfart about where the brake was and ended up in the farmyard

There’s an airport in here somewhere, one of the starred ones, no less.

OMG

Approach from the other side

Down

I’ve now followed @jpinard, @Skipper, @Mellified, and @Editer. My gamertag is LaundroMatt#9407

This should be worthwhile.

Welp.

??? I didn’t watch.

@Editer I left you a review LOL

Yay!

Is there a way to chat? I see Denny is flying and would like to bother and interrupt his peaceful flying.

About halfway through the video they say they’ll be “opening up VR to everybody”, across all headsets, in Sim Update 2, which is just before Christmas.

Skipper have you been flying a lot? Why yes, yes I have. In 9 days I’ve paid off 515K plus a 15K finance fee. Once they process the next batch, the King Air is bought and paid for, woohoo!

Also of note, the King Air can make cash very quickly!

Just read it. That was awesome, Jeff. :-)

@Pedro, glad you liked it! Something had to be done to make it useable due to the trees at the end (which in RL are a few bushes) and while I was there I figured I’d flesh it out a bit!

My home town is at the north end of that valley.

I just bought the game. Just couldn’t hold off anymore after watching that making-of docu. Be a while before I’m taking flight tho!