Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

Per ObsidianAnt, the new world update is going to add 5 3D cities, one of which is London (not clear if the others are all UK, but he seemed to infer that). Given that I wasn’t sure there would be any in this update, that’s great news. Also it seems they’ve got a new arrangement for adding them, which may mean they have a better long term pipeline for adding new ones.

From the official post:

Also, new Q&A stream:

I am emailing with the guy. I’ll let you know.

Pedro that might mean it is a plane that can have AP, “installed,” after the fact. Somewhere on FSE is the description of the process for that. I’ve not done it, so I don’t know if it is just installing it from an FBO or it it is that plus notifying the FSE crew on that long thread they have with the Tail number of the airplane.

At any rate, if there are models with AP, that sure sounds like you can add it.

No worries and no rush, Ike. I was just checking up on ya. I don’t know if we have enough for a payoff but certainly can assist in it. I think there is 100K in the group account and I have a little too. If they are willing to transfer the financing, that makes it even easier.

Sounds like it for sure; I guess you still have access to AP controls even though there’s no ‘button’ in the cockpit.

Snowy in Chicago this morning

Also checking out this bush trip, which has some challenging aspects https://flightsim.to/file/4927/la-haute-route-alpine-bushtrip

Phew

Photogrammetry cities confirmed: London, Cambridge, Oxford, Birmingham and Bristol. Shame there’s no Edinburgh, and weird no Manchester, but I suppose these are photogenic, Birmingham aside.

Lol at Birmingham. Yeah, I can see the Northerners being a bit miffed. They could have skipped Birmingham and one of Oxford/Cambridge and pushed north a bit.

Maybe there are some airport or other improvements further north. I think I saw a map with markers on the Outer Hebrides etc but can’t remember where, now.

Yeah, there are some new airports further north, and they showed screenshots of the Forth bridges, so there’s definitely some love being shown up there, just not photogrammetry. I think there’s something like 70 POIs coming.

Mods or official MS?

Official, coming in the next world update.

What mod manager are you all using for this?

Personally, I’m not, other than the Liveries megapack one. I’ve only got a handful of mods though.

None actually. Is there even one available?

Very handy, install to a different drive, create a bunch of subfolders, eg Airports/US/Southwest etc and you can click them on or off individually or by folder and it’ll create a shortcut in your community folder. Really neat.

VERY NICE. Excellent tool, thanks for the link, Pedro!

Yeah, Addons Linker is fantastic, especially now that it has the ability to have additive presets. (Meaning, you can lay various presets on top of each other so you can have a “base” preset with all your core stuff, then one for each country or continent or what have you.) Makes selectively enabling stuff for any flight really easy.

Also, if anyone’s interested who didn’t already get notification, ORBX’s new flight planner/tracker, Volanta, is now in public beta. I haven’t played with it yet and don’t know if it will replace LNM for me, but the feature list does look interesting.

I heard from the guy who I got my financing from. The payoff is $275,366.60 plus the January ownership fee of $2,741. The group can finance the plane, from him or someone else, or pay it off if we have the money. I’ll put everything in my bank account towards it, a little over 14 grand. It’d be a shame to let it get repossessed. Or the group can make the payments (around $34k per month I think) and I’ll transfer ownership once it’s paid off.

Truth is I’m totally obsessed with getting my RL pilot’s license, so almost all of my sim time is flying a C172 around Scottsdale. (also MiGs in WW2 Russia).

This is far and away the most expensive video game I’ve ever purchsed.

Did some sim-photography this afternoon. I call this one “Crossing the Threshold”.

I’m slightly bothered by the amount of aliasing on this next one even at 4K TAA, and wonder if there’s a bug using drone mode at super-high zoom levels; I don’t feel like it should look like that.

But scaled down to something a little less than 4k it looks amazing, IMO.

OK, this is such a cool idea.

I mean, it’s not THAT cool. Looks like he got left behind on the runway. Now he’s gotta hang out at the airport while the plane gets to travel the world.