Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

Aeroplane Heaven has released a simple, stripped down Spitfire for free.

I’d grab it quickly; I have a feeling it will go away April 2.

There’s an Easter egg in the cockpit. If you can find it, you’ll discover the Spitfire’s roll rate is significantly increased.

This is amazing, thank you for sharing! I’ve been looking forward to adding their Mk I to my hangar to go along with the Mk IX… this will tide me over.

Looks like MSFS is winning the 4/1 DLC releases. May I present the sequel to the Savage Grravel, the Savage Obstruction.

From that page:

How to install the aeroplane ? Well it is as simple as taking the ah-cardspit folder from the zip and dropping it into your community folder of your Microsoft Flight simulator. Dont know where the Community folder is for your flight simulator ? Click the following link for some help on that. Here, Let Me Google That For You! Teach People How to Google

I did that. I don’t see it within the game. Do I need to do something else that’s not mentioned here? Do I need to turn on Developer mode or something?

EDIT: Ah I see, don’t just drop the folder of content in the zip file. Open that folder too, and find the “ah-cardspit” folder within that folder.

Just checking on your rudder woes. At some point I had to change my rudder controls after a patch; I don’t know what the default is now, but this works for me

rudder

So Axis Left and Right rather than Rudder Left and Right (Yaw).

Probably not an issue for you but just in case.

I wish POSCON would get their arses into gear. Almost any time I check there’s never any ATC online. I’ve seen 2 at most, and that was weeks ago.

You guys flying this with an Xbox controller vs. a joystick/yoke have my respect. That’s “hardcore” mode. It’s a shame USB joysticks are still so expensive. I’m really regretting Goodwill-ing my old sticks when I cleaned the garage just before pandemic – I could have at least shared them with Qt3 friends!

I still can’t remember what I did with a perfectly-good T.16000 I had lying around.

I probably tossed it, which is why my mind is blanking it out.

MilViz Corsair is out. Had to buy it as it’s my favorite WW2 fighter (with the P-38 right behind it).

It’s pretty!

It also requires realistic engine management. :)

Oh god so excited! *runs off making Fry “TAKE MY MONEY” faces*

It’s hard to believe I’ve been playing this almost daily for six months and still haven’t engaged with the ‘sim’ aspects of the game. Due to the intersection of the shortage of sticks plus the (I assume) Brexit-based reluctance of vendors to ship here, it’s been easy to remain on the fence as regards buying a stick/throttle etc. However a quick check this morning shows that there are now some options available, so I’ll have to think about it :)

On another note, I think all the time acceleration grinding in FSEconomy has broken some aspects of the sim for me. I had to do 80 miles in the C172 at normal speed the other day and it nearly killed me.

Some outfit is building it for DCS, I wouldn’t mind getting my hands on that at all. But the corsair was made to get shot at, and its incomplete without angry glowy red balls coming at it.

Do you fly with autopilot? Try turning it off and hand-flying if so. That helps keep you occupied on longer flights :) Also VOR to VOR rather than GPS direct.

Sometimes you just gotta add new restrictions yourself.

Absolutely, this. I just flew in the official community fly-in; 112nm in a Cessna 152, hand flying all the way. It was lots of fun. :)

I was hand-flying because I wanted to time it for a potential bush trip leg to see if it was too long (it was too long, but the very boring scenery also contributed to that).

Not to worry guys, it’s just a matter of recalibrating. More vfr flying and less FSE will help.

I finished, I think it was the 6th leg of the Breckenridge Bush Trip last night. I was approaching the runway on the first try and the screen suddenly went black and it said I overstressed the aircraft which was really weird. I wasn’t doing anything stress worthy as far as I know. Maybe I was trying to drop my altitude too fast? My speedometer wasn’t stressing out or anything.

Anyway, on the second run I stayed lower to the ground the whole way, and then I landed put my nose into the ground. D’oh! I guess I was coming in with too much speed. On the third try, I made sure to bleed all my speed in the air first, so by the time I landed, I could pull back on the stick and I came to stop pretty quickly.

Oh by the way @Pedro, your trick of changing the left and right triggers to Rudder Axis instead of Rudder works wonderfully. It’s easy to turn left and right now using the rudder while on the runway.

By the way, I’ve seen part of this trip in real life, I’m now realizing. I think it’s the third leg on which you fly over the town of Lone Pine. In 2011, I went to Yosemite, and the plan was to spend a day there, and then on the second day, drive through Yosemite and exit from the East side of the park, and then go to Mono Lake, and then drive South to Lone Pine and spend a night there while looking at Mt. Whitney, which is just West of Lone Pine. And then go through Death Valley the new morning and get to Vegas.

Anyway, plans changed slightly, and we spent two days at Yosemite, and cancelled the stay at Lone Pine. I still went to Mono Lake on the third day and then drove South through Lone Pine and went through Death Valley and made it to Vegas without stopping at Lone Pine. Nevertheless, I still remember that, driving through that huge desert Valley, and looking upon Mt. Whitney at Lone Pine before turning East toward Death Valley.

It’s just that I didn’t connect that with this Bush Trip in my head until I realized how close I was flying to Mono Lake on Leg 4.

Has anyone here been to Mono Lake? I still get creeped out just thinking about it. I’ve never seen that kind of life and those creatures on this Earth before or since.

I was just there a couple of months ago

That’s not snow on the beach; it’s “stufas”… salt sculptures created by the lake’s unique chemsitry

Here’s a view from Dana Peak in Yosemite I took last summer

That east side of Yosemite is so amazing. I had no idea when I was planning my trip. You always hear about Yosemite valley and El Capitan, but hardly anyone talks about the East side and the amazing descent there.

I made it as far as Tuolumne Meadows coming from the west; I’m kicking myself having done this bush trip that I didn’t press on further, but I had to be somewhere the next day, I think.