Information on upcoming new features care of the Xbox Games Showcase. They’re aware that Xbox with Game Pass is likely to bring in much more casual flyers and are trying to ease them into Flight Simulator.
- 10 Discovery Flights — Flight Instructor does most of the work. But you can steer the plane. 10 of the most compelling places on earth. Choose them, fire it up and the weather will be perfect.
- Added optional labels to the Map and In Flight. So Points of Interest and Cities are marked.
- Increased number of tutorials from 8 to 22. They are now shorter, more focused, and you get a performance score, to encourage people to run them until they get good at it.
- Flight Assistant — If you want to just look at the scenery, you can bring up the Flight Assistant. In flight you can just ask the Flight Assistant to fly you to a location. For example, if you’re over New York and you want to see the Brooklyn Bridge, you just ask the Flight Assistant to go to the Brooklyn Bridge, and your plane will be automatically flown there. Same thing with Airports — you an just say “Please Land me at Newark Airport”.
- Recovery Mode — If you get in trouble you can ask the Flight Assistant to take over, and it will recover the plane for you.
Other information discussed.
- 2 more World Updates this year, 6 for next year.
- Maverick Update — can’t say much, except you’re going to be able to fly really fast “we’re going to be in the Danger Zone.”
- As far as what else is coming “You can expect the unexpected, just like with Maverick. I don’t think anyone saw that coming. There will be more like that.” “It will get both the Gamers and the Simmers both their hearts pounding.”
[Edit] Link to actual Flight Simulator part of the Showcase is in post downthread.