Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

That’s a good point; at times I see it hitting well above 50.

I never get more than 25 Mbit/s. My connection is capable of 80.

I’ve had two CTDs. And six people have noted the same thing in the past hour.

Apparently, now is not a good time to update the PC version. Maybe I’ll have more luck with the Xbox version.

I’m now stuck at 96% and “Acquiring license for fs-base-ingamepanels-flyassistant. This may take some time.”

Apparently that’s an understatement, lol.

Yep same here. Apparently I’ll be leaving my computer on overnight, with that GPU at 75%+ the whole time.

Do you have AI traffic on? There seems to be a confirmed CTD issue some folks are having with that.

I don’t know if it will take effect while the game is still running, but I’ve heard theat people have had success using NVidia Inspector (or perhaps an AMD equivalent) to force a frame rate cap on the game to reduce that GPU burn in the menus and loading screens.

Alternately, if you have a GSync monitor, you might want to try reducing your frame rate there, that works for me on the install screen.

I finished (I think.) Logged in and things run well and smooth but I had to remove the Working Title G1000 mod it was causing blank garmin screens. I’m assuming my version my be out of date or conflicting in some way, no biggie. I did not see the NXi mod in the markeplace though. Hoping that goes through soon for you, kaosfere.

Thanks but I think it quietens down when I lock the screen, which I’ll certainly be doing before bed. A better solution would be if Asobo didn’t utilise my card for bitcoin mining when all I’m looking at is a single static image.

🤣 🤣 🤣

I’ll pass that suggestion on to the folks responsible. :D

That is correct, the 0.3.7 version of our freeware mod will not work with SU5. The NXi is in the marketplace release queue and should be out within the next 48 hours or so, most likely, but we can’t really say when. It’s just “as soon as they go through the backlog”.

We have, as a little bonus for folks in the interim, released a mini-mod for the stock G1000 in SU5 – which already does almost all of what our freeware mod did, even if the styling is still all wrong – that re-enables support for our extended engine display pages, if you were using anything that took advantage of those.

Totally an optional update, and if you don’t use the G36 or one of the other freeware planes that use that feature, it’s probably not worth the trouble. But it’s there for folks who want it. :)

No rush here at all, I won’t even be flying much for a couple of days and can’t wait to get the new NXi stuff anyway. Should be fun.

OH SHEET DOG IT REAL!

Does the NXi mod support OBS functionality?

That seems to have done it! Thanks.

And, HOLY SHIT, guys. the performance improvement is unreal. Like, I’m seriously wondering if they did accidentally leave debug mode on this entire time. It’s insane. I’m flying a Raptor in the North Cascades and the frame rate is butter. A month ago, this very same flight left my system on its knees spitting out frame rates in the single digits per second.

The avionics on the free Raptor are broken with the patch, but it still flies like a dream.

I can now recreate VR1355, the famed “million dollar ride” that fighter pilots take through the Cascades.

Finally downloaded, I’ll give it a try tomorrow. Has anyone checked out the performance in VR?

Woohoo, I got in! Downloading the Mandatory update within the game now. (PC).

Not yet, but it’s on the very-near-term add list.

Welcome! Glad it got sorted for you.

There are so many gamer tags I’m seeing and a fair number of them are down low and looking for their house I bet.

Note the other Working Title mods are updated as well. Just grabbed the NXi from Marketplace; the CJ4/G3000/G3X are all up at https://www.workingtitle.aero/

Congrats, @kaosfere!