Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

At some point profitability will be questioned on that so I’m sure part of this process will also include DLC equivalent. But yes, in a sim there is always something to fix, or make better, or add more things to. It’s been shown they already have thrown a lot more in since release, so I’m happy to get that as part of what I paid for the game.

There are people who will say straight up that everything they’ve done until now should have been at release, and I agree but only on the sake of stability. I’m one of the rare players that’s had a -mostly- stable product in the game, beyond me trying to push the edges, like high sim rates, etc.

Time to visit @krayzkrok

Great trailer as always.

I really want to visit some of those places. Darwin and Melbourne, I’ve already flown over, both were gorgeous even before the update. I need to revisit.

Smaug better be viewable!

I’ve never seen a plane like that with 3 propellers.

Imagine being a passenger and seeing two gigantic fuel tanks in the front of the cabin…

The Fenix A320 entered beta today apparently. I would be thrilled, if not for the fact that PMDG’s 737 is also about to enter beta! Looks like those of us who like flying at FL400 are finally going to start having as much fun as the rest of you!

Do you really “fly” an A320, though? Or are you just pressing buttons at the appropriate times? :)

Guess you missed the Ju-52 release a couple of months ago? :)

I’m still waiting on the American counterpart, which my dad flew on a tour in in Michigan in the late 1960s, the Ford Trimotor:

There were quite a few, back in the day when engines were unreliable and not that powerful… The Italian SM.79 bomber, for instance:

There was even a 3-engine turboprop conversion of the DC-3…

Weirdest three-engine plane, though, was actually a jet, the Martin XB-51:

Those are very interesting 3 propellor designs! Thanks.

I noticed my progress in all Bush Trips has been reset to 0% since the GOTY edition came out. And I was … not upset by that at all.

I restarted the South American bush trip again and did the first leg again last night. Such great scenery. I was going a LOT slower than what the timing on the objectives indicated and finally realized I was flying with my flaps all the way down instead of all the way up. Oops!

I was also really veering left all the time on the controls. I wonder if the left-right thingie is set incorrectly? I forget the word. I know in the new Xbox controls they got rid of the ability to change it with left and right on the d-pad. I might have to track down the keyboard equivalent. Ever since the Xbox version came out, I’ve had a heck of a time with the controls. I still haven’t been able to set resume game correctly, for instance, so if I go into the menu, the only way to go back into the game is to use the mouse or keyboard, I can’t do it with the controller.

I really wish I could go back to the controls from before the Xbox version came out. (At the click of a button, I mean, not after painfully changing every little thing back myself).

You have to switch the fuel tank for that plane manually. If you don’t it will draw down the fuel in one wing and unbalance the aircraft. Could be this is what you were seeing. Having twice piloted the XCub into the drink because I forgot to switch the fuel tank, I now use the stick-pull to alert me to my impending demise.

EDIT: The sight glasses for the fuel tanks are difficult to see. They’re just over your head and have graded lines for both flying (level) and parked (tilted up) configurations. I usually find a good camera view at them and then save the views so I can restore them to quickly check fuel status.

The fuel gauges on the XCub are up high over your shoulders. I have a gift of accidentally deploying the flaps as I mouse round to check them.

Sorry Thrag, I edit ninja’d you and that’s not cool :)

You can switch back to “Legacy” controls on one of the menus in-game. I had to do the same when they switched it, as it messed up my flow of how I did things. As I understand though the newer controls are very useful for some folks if you can get used to it.

Also, it might be a case of needing some aileron or rudder trim in the plane, along with the fuel issue.

But seriously, as much as you play this… Trying to use a game controller is Hard Mode.

Two great options around $60-70:

A less-great $40 option that’s still sooo preferable to an Xbox controller…

Cheaper still at $30, this oldie-but-goodie is still out there (although I prefer the T16000, myself)

Just in case anyone here isn’t already aware, P Gatcomb has started doing a detailed series of videos on the G1000 NXi.

Awesome. I’ll take a look.

I’ve done a few flights lately and man it sucks that a lot of the options were reset. I still have one I’m trying to track down, I’d appreciate an assist if any of you know what this one is:

When in cockpit view I still get a heading dial (top left) engine info (bottom left) and misc info (bottom right) that show up. Strangely these are the appoximate positions of that info when in external view, but summarized. I’ve never seen these before in the standard cockpit view.

The red text in the very top left I already know about, that’s a mod to help me see my sim rate.

Assistance options → user experience → instrument heads-up display - cockpit cam

I love you. Will try it this evening.