Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

Same here, which is why I dread patch days. I leave it running while I’m at work, or overnight.

Well now it seems to be stuck on 1 file as it shows speeds as if it’s downloading but showing no progress % wise. I may just have to delete and restart.

I’d be cool with just letting it download in the background all day at a slow speed, however as I said earlier even though it says it is only downloading at 6-7Mbps, it slows my whole network down as if it is using 200Mbps. I guess I can just have it run at night when I’m not trying to use my PC.

Anyone else unable to alter the sim rate in the FBW 320 since the last MSFS update? My frame rate is more than high enough that it should work.

I have also noticed the rudder on my old Logitech Extreme 3D joystick is pulling to the left recently.

I’m sure this will come in handy.

That is helpful!

Finally got the game downloaded. At least the initial files, now I have all the world updates to download. Holy smokes there is a lot of expensive DLC for this game. $30 just for one new plane? Really? $20 just to have 1 airport look nicer in the game?

To be fair, a lot of the expensive planes have most of the knobs and levers functional. It’s not just a skin and some 3d work like in a truck sim.

I haven’t bothered with any of the airport scenery, just the London Landmarks pack, which was relatively cheap. I am considering buying the taxiways add-on though, which would probably be my most extravagant DLC purchase ever.

Yeah flight sim DLC has always been expensive. However with MSFS I don’t feel like I need to buy any scenery/airports because the game looks so damn good already. The only thing I’ve bought is a London landmarks package from OrbX just because I fly in and out of London so often and it was cheap. But other than that I won’t be buying any more.

Aircraft are a different matter. I think the most expensive is the Leonardo MD82 at EUR 90. However if you’re not interested in really hardcore simming there are plenty of much cheaper options.

Also: the world updates are optional by the way. I never bother to download them.

Agreed; people should keep in mind all that stuff is a “marketplace.” Download everything that’s free (world updates, etc) and then just get free mods if you want more.

The new world update is amazing. Yosemite looks so much better, it feels so much closer to the real thing now.

I think this is a good excuse to the Breckenridge Bush trip again.

I am a fan of AvAngel’s YouTube videos. She does a good job at reviewing some GA aircraft I am tempted to get.

If you are on PC rather than Xbox or streaming, there’s also a ton of fantastic, free content at FlightSim.to.

To get started, I’d highly recommend:

Fantastic 50’s fighter package! Payware quality!

These two are enhanced versions of stock aircraft:

High Performance STOL plane

Super-fast touring plane:

Great ultralight:

Gatwick Airport, for a cool enhanced international airport:

Grand Canyon National Park airport:

This is my favorite airport scenery, Duxford in the UK with the museum:

Airshow add-on for the airport above, adds crowds:

If, like me, you’re anxiously awaiting Neofly 4, here’s a streamer playing the beta:

I’ve been holding off on doing much GA flying until this gets released, even though I generally prefer GA.

One of these days, I should just bite down and eat my vegetables, so to speak, and do the damn tutorial missions. I bet I’ll get an achievement out of it and learn a lot.

Oh, I like the idea of a career mode so I’ll have to give that a try once I work through the tutorial and learn how to actually fly better.

Does it play well with the Gamepass edition of Flight Simulator?

Do people prefer k&b or controller when playing on a PC? I’ve only played a bit of the console version until now.

The correct answer is joystick.

LOL, RIght, let me rephrase, for those who don’t have a sweet flight stick setup, which is preferred?

1st question: What is the ‘b’ in k&b?

I prefer the controller. I could setup my joystick, but it takes a lot of room on my desktop so it’s a hassle. The wired 360 controller is easy to tuck away and it’s a workhorse that’s always worked.

For the Breckenridge Bush Trip though, I did have a lot of trouble not tipping my plane over when trying to stop after landing. But that has more to do with that yellow plane in the game than the controller controls.