Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

Even a cheap one, like the Logitech Exreme’s are good. I have the Extreme Pro 3d, which is like $20 I think.

oops, meant k&m

Well, it’s good to know there are cheap alternatives. I’ll probably try a bit with just the 360 controller and then if I really get into it maybe upgrade to that stick.

You are going to want to adjust your deadzones for the sticks. I found them to be extra sensitive.

As far as I’m aware, there are no incompatibilities at all with Game Pass MSFS. I’ve certainly never encountered any. Neofly just goes in your Community folder along with the other mods. It doesn’t even need a separate SimConnect client like FS Economy does.

Yep, not to mention the slightest movement detected tends to disconnect your autopilot. Deadzones are a must.

I’ll also second the joystick suggestion. For flight simming, the cheapest joystick will be better than the best gamepad, no question.

Just updated the two airports I’ve created, to fix compatibility with the latest World Update. Turns out the Anniversary Edition broke Darwin’s ICAO by reusing the fictional code I’d chosen for it, and Majerle needed some reworking due to changes in the map textures used for the Seattle area.

Majerle Strip, a challenging STOL airport near Duvall, WA:

Darwin Airstrip near Death Valley, a difficult landing due to telephone wires right at the end of the runway that necessiate an L-shaped approach.

I would definitely recommend a joystick, it will add immeasurably to the immersion, as well as just being easier, but given the choice between k&m and gamepad, definitely gamepad, or rather gamepad and k&m, as you’re not going to have enough buttons.

Is there a keyboard command to move the throttle per engine? One of the seaplanes I have doesn’t have a water rudder and changing the throttles in the cabin is a real PITA.

You can bind the individual engine throttles if that’s what you mean. I doubt there’s a default keyboard binding though.

The recent news stories about the supreme court decision on Maine all mentioned that Maine is the most rural state in the U.S. That gave me the idea that I should try to explore it in MSFS one day.

Last time I did the Breckenridge Bush Trip, I was on my older computer, plus this time the game has had several rounds of improvements, of course. It’s like a different trip, there’s so much more detail, I love it.

It’s a great trip. Careful when applying the brakes in those tail-draggers :) I always forget when I go back to them.

Chipmunk is out!

I have a real passion for classic planes like this. I also have an airplane collecting problem. :)

Aeroplane Heaven has definitely upped their audio game. Dramatically better than their earlier MSFS releases. Love the starter cartridge firing at 10 seconds.

Doing the first stage of the Norway Bush trip today; man what an amazing area. It’s just postcard beauty after postcard beauty over every hill you crest. It was only near the end of the leg when I finally thought, hey I should take some pictures. So apologies, I missed most of the great stuff because I was just gawking the entire time.

I’ll look forward to doing it again, since I botched the landing really badly. This little plane is crazy. It’s the first time I’ve flown it, it feels like a paper plane flapping in the wind.

Patrick has been doing some great threads on MSFS recently.

The F-104. This is really interesting.

The Top Gun Plane

The Bücker Bü 131 Jungmann

The Boeing 247

25 minutes to cross the United States is pretty nuts.

I freaking love the F-104. I really need to read the documentation again, though, because it is not an easy plane to fly.

The boys who flew it called it the zipper. The press called it the widow maker. It rocked as a fighter, yet it will kill you if you try do a red baron style lufberry with it. Those tiny wings, really nothing more than glorified mudguards, made it a terrific low-flyer, very stable and fast. It also made it an absolute monster in the boom&zoom type of bfm. Go fast!

Umm, your flaps are down.

I also just started this bush trip in order to give a new plane a try. I was bouncing around way more than seemed right through most of the flight. Then I realized I never put the gear up. I’ve been flying the 172 and xcub mainly so the thought of gear that can be raised didn’t occur to me. ;)