Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

Also, it seems FlightSim.to now has a dedicated section for Stream Deck profiles:

Some of these need the Flight Tracker plug-in, which I believe you can get from El Gato’s in-app store.

I misread that as Steam Deck and was a little confused as to how someone was running this beefy game on it.

They are doing it, just not natively. Folks have found workarounds by streaming it to a Steam Deck game system, either from a PC directly or using a service for streaming.

Next task is going to be setting up some custom views and making a folder with them on the Stream Deck. Will make that process a lot easier than tabbing through them on the yoke as I do now.

Edit: And done. Much easier than remembering which key is what view.

Next task is configuring it so that when I go to a particular view it automatically selects that bit of the Stream Deck profile and vice versa.

Edit: Hmm, this part seems like it might be too much hassle to work. The Stream Deck software doesn’t let you jump to a particular folder, so apart from the FBW MCDU, which is its own profile, I’d have to recreate the entire folder for each view. And there’s no easy way to copy more than one button at a time.

Yeah, it’s an XCloud game so you can stream it that way.

Does the Steam deck let you hold down a button to adjust it over time? E.g., a NAV frequency button you want to increase? Or do you just repeatedly tap the button and watch it go up in increments?

Also, I noticed fuel guages and such on some of the buttons. Do those update as fuel is consumed? Do other buttons with gauges update on the fly?

At least with plugins, yes. There’s a long press option. Although in the profiles I’m checking out they generally have separate buttons for eg +1000 Alt and +100 Alt.

Yup! Fuel, wind, baro, pretty much everything you want, if you have AxisAndOhs or Flight Tracker. Needs to be programmed of course, or to find a pre-built profile. The base functionality of the StreamDeck is really just pressing buttons to do an action.

Wow, very cool! I like the idea of buttons much more than struggling to manipulate cockpit controls with the mouse.

Just did a full flight in the A32NX. As far as I can tell, the profile is working perfectly, so ignore what I said above. Only slightly annoying thing is that there’s no buttons to rotate the baro knob. You can push/pull it, and change the mode, but not actually change the reading, which seems like a weird omission. Maybe the variable isn’t exposed? At some point I might try to code it myself.

Just signed up for the FSCharter beta. Seems to be trying to do FSEconomy, but with a proper interface.

God, PLEASE keep us updated. I’d love to see a closer match than some of the other already great sites out there trying. Any word on cost?

There’s a free tier and a premium tier, but I’ve yet to find a clear description of what the premium tier unlocks so I haven’t investigated cost yet.

£8 a month or £80 a year apparently

They’re supposed to be launching a “v2”, which may or may not be 1.0, around the end of this year, which will involve some sort of soft wipe, so I doubt I’ll be paying anything until then. Besides, I’m probably going to be paying for Neofly 4 and maybe A Pilot’s Life in the meantime.

We certainly aren’t hurting for meta games using MSFS and other flight sims as the base. But I really wish more would take on the group aspect of FSEconomy.

Unfortunately it seems you’re not allowed to do time acceleration, unlike FSE. It’s not a deal breaker, but it does make building up to airliners less appealing.

How they do track that you used time acceleration? If you got to your destination too fast?

I assume the Sim Rate is visible to Sim Connect.

So, managed to program the baro knob, by which I mean I googled it and found someone else’s code. But I managed to figure out how to get the AAO script hooked up with Stream Deck, which is a big step for me. Only issue is that it increments by 0.01 InHg, even if it’s in hPa mode, so I have to press it several times for the latter to change by one. The weird thing is the script is based on the code that FBW uses for the knob, so it should work the same. Think this is beyond my abilities to debug though. I can barely code in languages I know.

Hi, everyone.

For those of you who haven’t seen it yet, here’s the latest official Feature Discovery video, covering the G1000 NXi due out with SU10.

Congratulations @kaosfere on getting it to the point where it’s ready to get rolled in with the regular code.

In other news, according to today’s Development Update, World Update 11 scheduled for late September will be Canada. Also Sim Update 10 is delayed by 2 weeks.