Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

The chair is facing the window.
The chair is facing the window.

What address did it come from? Was it an @microsoft ? Because Comcrap is blocking all kinds of normal emails on me now. I had to enter a special exclusion just to get my Steam stuff.

noreply@microsoftstudios

So far I only received an email stating I’m in the alpha build test phase. No hard date on when the alpha will be available for testing.

I’m with ya man. :( The bastards

Discusses weather / lighting engine

LOL, me too. My hardware is crap tho. Maybe I can play using Stadia?

Anyway, WTF, Microsoft are being dicks again. “You can’t use other VR sets, you have to use ours!! Oops, we don’t have any, so we’ll ditch the feature completely.”

They’ll do it. They’d be crazy not to.

Microsoft does boneheaded things all the time. (Maybe limited to PC gaming and OS updates. I mean, the company overall is very profitable.)

New screenshots available in this week’s Insider update:

The alpha for the first round of testing still isn’t available for download yet. I shouldn’t have to suffer like this.

This is what I was dreaming of when I was running my Falcon NW dual SLI voodoo 3 rig, and playing Jet Fighter 2 lol.jetfighter-ii-advanced-tactical-fighter_4

Wow, that detail is very impressive.

Yeah; kinda blows Google Maps out of the water. I was following along as the plane was flying over several spots, and they really did nail every building. What’s kind of funny is when I can see construction being done on one but not the other, lol.

Keep in mind these are almost certainly among the cities they have full photogrammetry data for. I don’t expect all of them to look this good.

Which isn’t a criticism in the slightest, of course. The world is a massive place, and modeling all of it in this level of three dimensional detail is virtually impossible.

I hope my home city has it. Not sure it’s big enough to get MS’s attention.

That is astonishing. The clouds look fantastic, too. Why are one third of the cities shown in Italy, though. Give us the world, Microsoft!

Yeah! And in VR at 90 fps! And… oh yeah, give us guns and missiles damnit!

Must be creepy how static things are below.

I see traffic on the roads. Not a lot, but it’s there.

Then again, imagine what it’ll look like in 10 years.