Microsoft Halo 3 Sales: Bigger Than Jesus?

Is it just me, or is there no way for Microsoft to know exactly how many copies were actually bought by end users after the first day? OK, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, et al. know how many copies THEY sold. Would they pass that information on to Microsoft? I don’t know. I don’t think so. Eventually Microsoft will figure something out, but immediately after release? I don’t think so. If its just units sold to retailers, well, we all know how that data can be corrupted.

They certainly know how many people played it on Live the first day, if nothing else.

If only they had marketed it like a movie…

I’d rather read Harry Potter.

It’s not just the gaming media that’s reporting those numbers. The normal media is too.

Heh!

Yeah because they are copying it from press releases. From Menzo’s mouth to your ears!

FWIW, I got my Harry Potter for <$20 from Amazon on release day.

BTW, one of the cool things about Halo 3 is the lobby shows that little image of the globe highlighting the areas where people are connecting from - is that thing static, or is it really updated in real time? How do they know people’s location?

Anyhow, I thought it was neat. Turns out, not many people play Halo3 in India, I guess…

Eh, a lot of stores had it on sale at “launch” - 20% or more.

bigdruid, your IP says it all.

Between the cost of the 360 and the cost of broadband (in India), this doesn’t surprise me in the least.

Today during my neverending scan for a radio station that’s playing something other than an advertisement, I happened to come across Paul Harvey, explaining how immense Halo 3’s sales numbers are.

That was weird.

Tom, it got brought up at my Vegetarian club. BY A GIRL! Who asked if we wanted to play it. Bigger? Dunno. Impressive? Yes!

I just signed in to my 360 for the first time in about a month and … everyone on my list has Halo 3 next to their name. I’ve never seen this before, and it’s rather scary.

I’m going to play Crackdown, I think. :P

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows does have a cover price of $34.95, IIRC.

Halo 3 will never be bigger then The Jesus!

What the hell is a Vegetarian Club? They let you people have clubs now? What’s next, I won’t b e allowed to hunt you down in the streets and put you out of your misery like rabid dogs?

There’s what, 562,622 users online on Xbox Live for Halo 3 right now? You better believe it. This might even eclipse Counterstrike.

Woo! Got the elephant flip!

I had that, except for one person playing Viva Pinata.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

I know, I logged on last night to play some other game…and no one was playing anything else…anywhere. It was crazy.